This Week's Question: How Do You Evaluate Your Past Trades Without Being Overly Critical of Yourself?

The technique you employ for trading also applies to all areas of your life. But for this week’s question:

How do you handle trading retrospectives without being overly critical of yourself?

Maybe you have a mental framework you use? A mindset? Mantra?

1 Like

Being a Stoic, I don’t find it difficult to put things under control. It’s been a great addition to me

2 Likes

When you check back on historic trades the first three columns on the spradsheet should be labelled -
did the set-up meet my strategy’s rules?
did my entry follow the strategy’s rules?
did my risk management follow the strategy’s rules?

That way, your first three outcomes should always be three nice green ticks.

4 Likes

Yes - absolutely- and if not then I’m entitled to beat myself up!

This one is always a given, I never falter on this one.

Losing trades happen - it’s the nature of the game, so if you follow @tommor’s rules, just accept the losers, without further ado.

1 Like

WHY SHOULD i FEEL BAD ABOUT MY WAGERS ?

Link is green writing

"https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antifragile-Things-Disorder-Nicholas-Paperback/dp/B0161TNEH4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=66VG7WFAB13E&keywords=antifragile+nassim+taleb&qid=1694996630&s=books&sprefix=antifragile+nassim+taleb%2Cstripbooks%2C93&sr=1-2

Totally superb methodology - just finished reading it and started again - because it does take some concentration to understand the underlying premises !

1 Like