This week's question: If you don't trade full-time, what's your day job?

I am a inside sales rep of a Global Components distributor.

@Ananais great idea for a thread!

1 Like

I’m hoping someone says plumber! I need to replace 2 thermostats, 2 heating elements, and the expansion tank on my hot water heater, and need someone to pester with questions… lol.

IMG-20210111-WA0014

1 Like

Im 20 years old,
And I do Roofing

1 Like

I am a financial assets manager, auditor of financial statements. Trade 24 hours.

1 Like

part time Artist Manager, part time chef!

2 Likes

Not really, I have one acquaintance that run into now and again who dabbles in Forex but that’s about it.

I’m an analyst for an insurance company. I would love to be a trader full time. Just can’t seem to connect with the right people to learn everything about it.

2 Likes

I’m retired and a live full time business Forex trader. Which means I take Forex trading seriously.

while it’s boring, the secret to continuous profitability is

• discipline
  • patience
  • repeating your trading rules exactly every day
  • repeating your trading rules exactly
  • accept losses are inevitable.
  • never chase losses - cut them every day
  • celebrate life, take care of family and health.
6 Likes

Work part time.

1 Like

I met a 21 year old roofer on a management course that my employer paid for me to attend for 2 weeks. He was a free attendee because he had over 1 million pounds to his name after being a roofer for four years. I drank at the bar with him till the wee hours. He said he was in awe of being in the presence of so many “educated and clever people” to which I replied, “educated, yes, clever? no. If we were so clever how come we were all earning a salary whilst he controlled over 100 self-employed builders and had a million quid?” On of the most interesting people I ever met. He also said he just didn’t get it about business. He said he had three rules. The first rule is that the guy doing the job had to earn more than he did, on a per job basis. The second rule was that the guy who did the job had total responsibility and accountability for every person on his team, and that if anyone breached the safety rules, they were forbidden from working for him ever again. And the third rule was that at the end of every month, you had to have more money than you did at the start of the month. He was in month 47 of profit. Said it worked pretty well.

3 Likes

Chiropractor and Registered Nurse. Also about to go back to school to get my Nurse Practitioner license.

That is so exciting! I just signed up today. What would you recommend I do first?

An engineer by the day, a trader by the evening, appreciate the time difference between where I live in Sydney and Euro/US sessions!!

2 Likes

Why is it that - “careers officers” - Nevrr tell you abut Roofiing ? Welding ? Bricklaying ? Plumbing ? groundworks ? Market Trading ? Sales ? Oil Rigs ? Gas Pipelines ? electicity Lines ?

Men can do all these things - without hardly being “EDUCATED” - at all ! - Yes Reedin’ an ritin’ can be needed a bit - but as a good friend of mine says

“Reedin’ an ritin’ ? - I can pay somebody to do that for me ! I just make the money !”

1 Like

A law student who now works for a car and truck wire manufacturer, and.
I’m tired of learning Forex and i lost money in it.
I’ve never seen anyone here become rich and a millionaire of it!

I had a full-time job as an editor of a financial news aggregation company - providing all the news to banks, hedge funds, insurance companies etc

Did it for many years - but then I quit and lived (mostly) off trading income for about 5 years. This afforded me LOTS of free time

However a few weeks back I started doing the accounting for a friends global flower business.

That morphed into helping with his websites and other things - so I guess I am now working full-time.

After sitting on my butt for a few years its great to have a new challenge.

What isn’t so great is I really miss the free time I used to have!!

3 Likes

Warehouse operator, operate a high reach forklift

3 Likes

Hi Postal Distribution, then learning and still hard on the Demo Blocks.