This week's question: If you don't trade full-time, what's your day job?

I spent two years as a Chair of Governors of a private school that was failing, and got a great insight into this question. On the one hand, the educational elite tell all young people that it is important to get certificates of paper. Those in charge relish the elevation of their own importance (as with most career groups) and by the time the young person reaches university they have been sucked into the false promise that “a degree is a passport to having a well paid job”. By the time they graduate they realise that maybe they should have gone with their gut feeling and not be £50K in debt. They have become true sheeple - people who are sheep. And most parents make it worse. They blindly agree with the educational fraternity, even though evidence points to the exact opposite. Truly wealthy people create their own opportunities and most of them are not rocket scientists. The day we stop kidding ourselves that someone lucky enough to be born with a retentive memory is somehow more intelligent, clever or more successful than those who are less fortunate with memory or STEM manipulation is the day we get real, and society really produces at a productive rate.

1 Like

BANK ROBBER :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Blogger, YouTuber, Videographer, Audio Engineer. I make art, not $ lol

1 Like

Retired from the Chrysler Group!

1 Like

I don’t trade anymore, so I focus on affiliate marketing.

I am a Property Valuer.

Chemist: coatings, polymers and color.

1 Like

That’s dope. I sure wish I would’ve focused on science instead of art growin up!

I’m an engineer

I sit behind a desk watching a lot of monitors controlling traffic

I seem to be retired. It wasn’t a decision, I just hated the job I was doing and was already receiving some pension income from a previous career’s pension scheme so I decided to jack it in and get temp positions. Which actually didn’t happen.

I was looking at some temporary work on the upcoming UK Census but that seems like it would be just more of the same old cr@p I had escaped from, with the added difficulties of the public and covid.

I may yet find something temporary in the future.

2 Likes

Currently “happily” unemployed. Dabbling in different workshops, learning Forex, taking photos, wasting time applying for jobs and networking on LinkedIn.

3 Likes

i think you should try our keypad :wink:

Am using very busy always

Pharmacist at a covid isolation Hospital

1 Like

I work for a health insurance company.

I am a teacher and trading part-time.

I work for the local authority

1 Like

I used to work for LA’s (UK) but left the sector in 1999. Mostly happy times but I had come to realise I was unsuited for the career I was in. I was determined to find something I might be happier in - and, yes, I found there IS life once you tunnel your way out.

1 Like

I jumped off the corporate ladder in 1993. I now just explain that as being unemployable. I have run my own business since, and now contract as a “management consultant”. I make it up as I go along, and seem to be in good company with others of a similar job description.