This Week's Question: What are Some of Your Top Productivity Hacks?

I’m in the middle. I like to space out whatever I have to do so I can do both. I prefer the control over the task rather than the rush to get freedom. It drives people round me crazy.

2 Likes

I like to get my work out of the way. I spent a lot of time as a kid doing stuff at the last minute.

At school on Friday the teacher would give homework to be due Monday. I would hang out all weekend. Sunday night, after eating dinner and watching TV, I’d go to bed. As soon as I’m about to fall asleep, I suddenly remember that I had homework.

It sucked. Especially because it took years before I learned my lesson.

4 Likes

Definitely the worst feeling! I still do this from time to time, I need to really be better though. It’s tough when “present you” wins and you don’t think enough about “future you.”

2 Likes

For me, it’s planning ahead for the next day what I would do and giving it a time estimate as a general guideline. Of course, life just happens sometimes, but then you could just reschedule the plan for maybe the next two hours or maybe the next day. The key in this planning is, of course, to actually do it, and I like this because it gives my life some structure on what to do next rather than just going with the flow.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hear you. For me, such behaviours affect my trading. Perhaps not each bad habit individually, but each such bad habit is a part of an unhealhty version of myself. To fight such bad habits is to fight my weaker self. Brick by brick, I’m rebuilding a better version of myself. And it inherently improves my trading, because that’s the version of me that handles my trades.

Do you think such bad habits, as a whole, affect your trading? How so?

I think what we do outside of trading will affect trading and vice versa. I don’t think we’re meant to compartmentalize our lives (unless you’re on that show Severance lol).

1 Like