This Week's Question: What is One Trait You Have That Makes You a Good Trader?

This is the hard part!

I am disciplined and control my emotions. Even most of the time I follow my trading plans.

The first one requires all the relevant knowledge: finance, economics, technical and fundamental analysis of securities.

The second one, in my opinion the most important of the two, requires a natural talent or at least a strong discipline to develop one. In my observation there are traders who are naturally good decision-makers, they are quick to spot opportunities and pitfalls and act accordingly. Then there are those who are good at generating trading ideas but are unable to bring them to fruition. Execution skills are essential in becoming a good trader. It seems like an easy mantra to follow: “Cut your losses short and let your winners run.” In practice, however it requires a lot of discipline and is often a cause of major frustration.

If you want to learn more about trading go with babypips forums and Money Life Research.

I read somewhere that “trading is the easiest hardest thing to do” and I couldn’t agree more

Patience, discipline and learning attitude.

1 Like

I keep my emotions in check that most of the traders out there failed to do so. I also follow my trading rules strictly that makes me more disciplined.