This Week's Question: What’s One Sign That Tells You You’re Becoming a Better Trader?

You’ve been trading for months. Maybe even years. You’ve learned more, refined your strategy, and taken plenty of trades.

But here’s the uncomfortable question: are you actually improving?

More knowledge doesn’t always mean better trading. You can spend hours studying charts and still repeat the same mistakes. Real progress might look less obvious: better discipline, fewer impulsive decisions, cleaner execution, or simply handling losses differently than you used to.

What’s one sign that tells you you’re becoming a better trader?

4 Likes

Losing less! For sure. The first step is losing less money.

That means you’re taking fewer bad trades and, more importantly, recognizing bad trades.

Next is recognizing good trades and waiting for them. Doing nothing in between signals is tough.

And it’s a tough question to answer. People say doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity.

Perhaps not always. If you practice the same strategy again and again, eventually your brain tries to make sense of it. Even the same backtested charts. Again and again. You start to see different things.

But this only comes with repitition.

2 Likes

We have a saying here in the Philippines. It’s “SANA ALL.” which means, “I hope the same goes for all of us!” Haha. So, SANA ALL dushimes. :sweat_smile:

For me, I hope I can say I lose less too. But a step forward is I no longer cry whenever I lose. I understand it’s part of trading and move on to the next one, if time permits. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For me it’s accepting that I was wrong and sticking to the setup instead of trying to hold onto the trade :sneezing_face:

1 Like

I’m paying my bills easier and easier😅

Fewer losses for sure :smile: But another important thing is the psychology. When I take a loss, I’m much more patient now and don’t go into revenge trading!

When you can follow your goddamn strategy. :rofl:

1 Like