This Week's Question: What Word Would You Use to Describe Your Trading Year This 2023?

Just 10 more days and we say goodbye to another year! But before we do, how about we reflect on the year that’s been?

What one word would you use to describe your trading journey this 2023?

Imagine someone asking you, “Hey, how did your trading go this year?” And you have time to answer but you can only give one word - maybe an adjective, maybe a verb, any word!

Personally, mine would be… uneventful. Ha. How about you?

3 Likes

My word to describe my year is: intentional. I heard a speech where a guy said you have to be intentional with your actions, and intentional with your time.

That means you have to be deliberate and intentional. If you’re studying in order to reach a goal, then you can’t just study for 10 minutes, then take a nap. You know you’ll never reach your goal that way. You have to study with the intention of reaching your goal.

I’ve been studying charts this year, as usual. But I wasn’t being intentional. My study breaks were getting too long, and I didn’t know how to be more productive. I’m glad that I kept going, even though I wasn’t doing the best job. But it wasn’t enough. So, I finally found a way, just a couple weeks ago, and my productivity has increased a lot.

I found a new way because I was intentional in my thinking, and now I’m intentional in my actions.

2 Likes

Adventure

Even despite finding an edge, i had to navigate through the losses of trading; through this i conquered fear. I can confidently say despite these losses, none of my trades this year was executed with fear.

Yet, my emotion check keeps beeping “Greed, Greed, Greed” and this, i look forward to master come 2024.

3 Likes

PERSPICUOUS

Which is as clear as it gets.

1 Like

FORTUITOUS

I had to look up the meaning of perspicuous. I think you ate a dictionary for dinner.

1 Like

Tiptoe
If my English is decent, I suppose this word is the same as “to get one’s feet wet”. So, that is the way 2023 went for me: tiptoeing.
In 2023 I created my own strategy, backtested it, forward tested it, refined it many times and now I’m probably ok with it (but I’m thinking of some new improvements to be tested). Meanwhile, I started testing myself and my emotions (still working on them but going well).
Yes, I think “tiptoe” is appropriate.

2 Likes

I receive a Dictionary.com word every day.

1 Like

Distracted

2024 will be better!