Thoughts about trading system

This a system I picked up somewhere (Forex Trading Strategy using EMA \u0026 CCI Indicator by www.forexmentorpro.club) and have been testing it for some time. It has been profitable this far but I would like to hear your thoughts and maybe some improvements for it.

Thanks in advance!

It is pretty simpel:
Use any timeframe.
Draw EMA (Period 60).
CCI with length 14.

Conditions are:
If price close below the EMA and the CCI is below -100 => SELL SIGNAL!
If price closes above the EMA and the CCI is above +100 => BUY SIGNAL!

Use 2 lots.
Stop loss above the EMA or a stop loss of 200 pips.
Exit the first lot at 200 pips and let the other one run until it gets stopped out by moving the stop loss 200 pips each time increment (trailling stop).

Personally I use a much tighter stop of 100 pips but trail it with 50 pips. I also added a stochastic and use TA to raise the probabilty of the trade.

What are your thoughts?

personal they may be, but even if it’s a potentially viable system with a real edge, they’ll still make the difference between long term profit and loss, as they always do

without specifying them, there’s nothing to backtest, and nothing to assess

2 Likes

Yeah that makes sense, I will update it.

Thanks for your response!

1 Like

I updated it and found the original source again. Let me know what you think if you have the time.

i think the answer is “backtest it and see whether it makes profits”?

with all the parameters defined, it’s possible to arrive at a definitive, objective answer

either it has a real, objective edge or it doesn’t - it’s a factual question

(sorry to sound negative, but my guess is that it doesn’t) :frowning:

1 Like

Its equally as rational as a MA/MA cross-over system, or a price/MA cross-over system, or a price:MA/RSI or price:MA/MACD system or many other combinations. Trading can be this simple.

Whether the individual trader makes money is determined by stops and profit targets. Whether they make big money is determined by whether they pyramid the winners.

1 Like

No worriy, I am still fairly new to forex trading and stay very open minded to all opinions and critiques. As long as they are usefull I can use them to learn and perfect my trading.
So I am thankfull for every reply that I can learn from :wink:

How can I backtest or via what program, tool, etc?

Agreed.
Money management is key to every trading system.

1 Like