Thoughts on Scalping?

pablopluto shared his method with me and gave me permission to build indicators to share with you.

From pablopluto:

Its simple 5/10EMA 2SMA on a 5 minute chart.

On the 15 min chart use the same on the 5 min chart.

it’s a cross strategy.

when its top to bottom 2/5/10 go long
when it 10/5/2 Go short.

The 2 SMA acts as a momentum indicator when it starts to go flat the price is in lag or reversal mode.

They must cross and the 2SMA must point in the direction you want the trade to go.

Simple.

use whatever tp/sl you want.

I built a trade trigger and a multi meter display.

FREE MT4 SOURCE AND TEMPLATE ATTACHED.

pablopluto.zip (17.1 KB)

As I told people befrore its ok for a 1 day chart but its good for 1 hour and below. Thats about a 15 pip range I wouod aim for 4 pips per trade

This is a open call to someone who doesnt know about scalping.

Is there some lightning execution speed need to scalp?

Is there any high leverage?

Any huge losses?

Is there a computer progam or robot?

any 1 pip scalps there?

Were you flawed in your way of thinking?

can we agree again that it is far better to be a steady incremental player who wins than one who goes back and forth.

Even in a so called side ways 15 pip market the opportunity is there.

I only want to help not teach (or become a big brother like some people) traders there are many option out there for you. Listen first try something sample it take what you want. First thing not everything is bad. Take the good out and mix it with your own blend.
I want to tell everyone I want you to succeed. I dont care if someone likes or dislikes trading styles. I dont care if you want to be called this or that or be proud of a title. Senority means nothing ability is what the bottom line cares about.

Ok i’ve been looking at what you’ve posted (not yet your TRO TheRumpledOne). Can i make a little summary here :

I was asking about what was scalping.

It is not related to the timeframe as you use 5mn or 15mn or even more…
It is not related to the spread size
It is not related to the bid/ask

What is it then ? A technic to be sure to make pips even few ? Is it the fact that you don’t care of trying to understand what is happening, the trends, the lagging of indicators…you just want to win pips and few. Then you want that happen often.

Am I right ?

It is a 15 minute chart… The last touch of the trend would have failed . But I would not have traded anyway. to close to end of week, and if you look on a 4 hour chart there is a trend line going the other way (up). Which if it holds may indicate a turn of price… It touched it and turned there late friday.

I have to work on posting charts changed my trading station to multi screens and messing me up on copying charts… :confused:

Thats right. But its in short time intervals. FXCM says scalping to them is any trade closed with in 90 sec. Scalping is getting pips while not in the market long enough for your trade to turn on you. Think of it as hunting at a corn feed and salt lick. When a sure thing comes you take it. Doesnt matter if it is a 15 point or 2 you take it. You dont sit around and wait for the big one you take a small one and have deer jerky.

it would have barely hit it. 110.04 to 110.10. Or it would have been close.

Here’s the definition of scalping:

Scalping - The scalper is an individual who makes dozens or hundreds of trades per day, trying to “scalp” a small profit from each trade by exploiting the bid-ask spread.

Introduction To Types Of Trading: Scalpers

And another:

Scalping, when used in reference to trading in securities, commodities and foreign exchange, may refer to (i) a fraudulent form of market manipulation or (ii) a legitimate method of arbitrage of small price gaps created by the bid-ask spread.

Scalping (trading) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I say, “I’m a scalper”, it means that if I am in a trade longer than a minute or 2 it’s usually a mistake. Being in a trade for an hour is an “eternity”.

There are many ways to scalp trade.

Does that help?

Sorry pablopluto but i don’t get it now…:confused:

What i can’t see is your “short time intervals” thing…which i thought that would have been clear in the method.

You gave 3 indicators that are used on [B]5mn or more[/B]. Your method is a cross over one. Then i can’t see when you are [B]under [/B]5mn that is when this 90 seconds can happen.

Does that mean that in the same time you use those indicators and decide to enter the market (short or long) you only stay 90 seconds or quite equivalent just to make your few pips ? Then, what is the goal ? 5, 10, 15 pips and exit whatever happen ?

I was saying what FXCMsays is scalping. there is no time limit to when I exit i either exit or use trailing stops when my target is acquired. Scalping is in and out with what you can grab sorry for the mix up

Look at it from this way if it takes 1 minute or 60 minutes to hit your T/P. The premise is in and out with a small amount you arent shooting for the stars or going for a 15 point buck.

Ok then you and pablopluto aren’t on the same fields. You don’t use pablopluto method which must represent centuries on your scale. It is your TRO indicator with your statistics system.

There are many ways to scalp trade.

Does that help?

The 2 links have got the same content globally. I understand the auction concept. I also understand that this system require speed, no hesitation and, if one want to win money there, to have yet a huge amount of money.

There is no MM there, nothing to learn, it is just rude and brutal.

Well, I just wrote the indicator for the pablo method today. But I see how it triggers and I would grab a fast 5 - 10 pips.

Used a new indicator that I wrote based on a idea that I got from forexgreenwood in another thread here.

Signaled a winner!

Whats the setup and rules
Can u PM it to me

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/14775-review-strategic-tips-milking-major-currency-pairs-live-forex-trading.html

Below is a quote from UML Live thread.

Pablopluto,

I’ve asked you not to disturb the UML Live thread but you did it again.

Ok, if i read you i can see that you want to point out that tymen was wrong about scalping and its definition. Let’s say you are true. THEN ? Is it a reason to keep posting such answers in non related threads ? Make a real thread (that one was for it no ?) to explain how this works.

BUT have you ever tried to teach something ? It is very hard. You never expect the way students will understand or hear what you say. Then, beleive me, if ever you try to make everyone understand your method rather than focusing on a vocabulary stuff you will see people getting of interest and maybe the general looking at this method will positively change.

If i follow your principles, you aren’t trying to make friends nor saying which method can work or the reverse, not even trying to explain precisely how this works. Then why are you there ?

As far as i can read our yesterday discussion, TheRumpledOne, ECN-Scalper and you got 3 different definition for scalping. There must be more then, don’t you think ?

Can you admit that if you, those who use the scalping method, don’t explain how “simple” it could be (i take your words), then noone will be able to know it. Is it your goal ? Stay hidden ?

The links TheRumpledOne gave are very interesting and you should make a thread starting with those or even making an index of them.

No method is THE truth. As usual there are different methods and as often veteran says, try them and find the best that suits you. That means everyone is different, haven’t got the same time, haven’t got the same goal.

Don’'t you agree that the best way to argue about the method is you, expert of it, define it, train with it and show charts or comments on it ?

Then it would be soooooo simple to answer whoever with a link to the thread. Then EVERYONE new or old (or worse) on this forum will be able to make his opinion and that won"t stay a stupid fight on …i don’t even know on what because you are 3 and there is yet 3 definitions…

Use the power of this forum to show something different. No need to fight, no need to shout, no need to lower people.

Hope you hear me.

What is and where is the UML Live thread?

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/15512-uml-live.html

:slight_smile:

I responded there because my link on my email sent me. That was my fault I shouldnt have posted it there. No one asked how it works or ask me to give them a little help. The ones that did I provided it to them. I dont solicit that I can help people. I dont advertise that I want to help people because you get alot of people who waste time and are geeked up and not serious. Its simple to scalp I am not hidden I engage and help people where I can. The people who ask questions other than “How much money can I make” are more serious about trading. No one asked for a thread or started one on how to scalp efficiently. A the Method as you said Tymen made a comment that says one method wont work. One method he is scared of and says to eveyone its the devil. Thats how it started. Im not a expert I scpecialize it. I will never say Im a expert. There are many ways to scalp mine may not be the best or it may not hold a candle to someone elses setup. I started out as a way to show something different from Tymen and I guess I hurt his ego or pride. Well all share the same difinition scalping is very short term trades. Dont get on me if I didnt start it. Im not going to back down because someone is wrong dont want to admit it or they are the 2nd senior.

But I hear you. I apoligize for responding to him in that thread tell him to put his responses in this one.

Thanks. Never heard of Tyman.