Tick Volume Feed

Hi Jason,

When I open the tick volume it shows that this week is the busiest trading week in history, as happens almost every week. Next week, the volume will be “normalized” or whatever happens to it (as happens almost every week). This has been a long-standing issue. Will it ever get resolved? The excuse has been that it is a low priority for the techs because so few people use it Why are FXCM downgrading the Tick Volume values each weekend?. Perhaps so few people use it because it doesn’t work?

This is really the only complaint I have with FXCM. Two actually, one being a useless volume feed and the other being the unwillingness to fix it (unless the feed is correct and this IS the busiest trading week in FXCM history – as we enter the summer doldrums).

On another note, I appreciate the fact that you bounce around the internet responding to issues, questions, etc., and always do so in a timely manner.

I’ll try a bump…

Hi John,

I’ve asked our techs to look into your question. I’ll let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Jason

Thanks Jason. I appreciate it!

Hi John,

I got a response regarding your question about tick volume. The discrepancy you see stems from the fact that tick volume data is not centralized. All tick volume on the platform is currently calculated client side. The tick volume only gets “normalized” when you refresh the platform. Our developers have told me there are plans to centralize this tick data so that it is calculated server side, but this is part of a larger project involving how we store price data to deliver it more efficiently to charts. While I don’t have an ETA for when this project will be completed, it is something we intend to include in a future update to platform.

Jason

Thanks for the response, Jason (even if it wasn’t one I was hoping for). I will always give FXCM (in general) and you (in particular) credit for one thing: timely responses.