Over the next 3 weeks, various countries will go onto, or off of, Daylight Saving Time (DST).
This is a nuisance for forex traders around the world — one we have to contend with every 6 months.
Between early March and early April each year, and then again between late September and early November each year, we go through a transition from northern hemisphere winter to southern hemisphere winter, and then back again.
During these transitions, forex trading session times get shifted backward or forward, by one hour or two hours, depending on where you are in the world and which session you are trading.
We have been tracking these time changes for several years, and by now you all know how to make the necessary adjustments in your trading. All you need is a schedule of the changes which are coming.
So, here goes:
[B]Daylight Saving Time Changes for March/April 2016 in the Principal Forex Markets[/B]
• March 13 — the U.S. and Canada will begin Daylight Saving Time (DST)
• March 27 — the U.K. and all of eastern, central and western Europe will begin DST
• April 3 — southeastern Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Hobart, etc.)
and New Zealand will return to Standard Time
[B]Daylight Saving Time Changes for March/April 2016 in other countries[/B]
• Most of Brazil — returned to Standard Time on February 21
• Bermuda, Bahamas and Cuba — will begin DST on March 13, along with the U.S. and Canada
• Iran — will begin DST on March 21
• Israel and Syria will begin DST on March 25
• the Palestinian territories will begin DST on March 26
• most of Greenland will begin DST on March 26
• Ireland, and the Channel Islands will begin DST on March 27, along with the U.K. and Europe
• Turkey and Lebanon will begin DST on March 27
• Paraguay will return to Standard Time on March 27
• Jordan will begin DST on April 1
• most of Mexico will begin DST on April 3
[B]A partial list of countries which do not observe Daylight Saving Time[/B]
Argentina Costa Rica Jamaica Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Armenia Dominica [B]Japan[/B] Seychelles Bahrain Dominican Republic [B]Korea[/B] [B]Singapore[/B] Belarus Ecuador Kuwait South Africa Belize Egypt Malaysia [B]Taiwan[/B] Bolivia Georgia (Republic) Marshall Islands Thailand British Virgin Islands [B]Hong Kong[/B] Panama United Arab Emirates Cayman Islands Iceland Peru U.S. Virgin Islands Chile [B]India[/B] Philippines Venezuela China Indonesia Puerto Rico Vietnam Colombia Iraq [B]Russia[/B]
See post #2 for details of the time changes which will occur in the U.S. and Canada this weekend.