Time of learning Forex

How long does it take for you to learn everything about Forex? how many months would it take?

Every person is different. Some learn to trade - not that I say “to trade”, not “everything about forex trading” - for less than a year. Others require several years. Some never do.
As for learning everything about forex, that task never ends, no matter how much you learn.

1 Like

Start by breaking the project down into the early sequence of tasks. These can be rationalised and more easily “timed” than a vague aspiration.

So, what about? -

1. understand how to use your broker’s platform - 2 days max.
  2. search BP and the web for the simplest long-term strategy you can find - 3 days max.
  3. understand the selected simple strategy using chart study and demo trades - 3 days max.
  4. trial trades deploying tiny capital per trade - 10 days
  5. revise and re-test strategy if needed - 5 days max.

I can only speak for myself, but learning the ins and outs of all the functions of the MT4 functions took me longer than two days, I admit.

Granted, to get to expert level or explore and trial all the functions available would take more than 2 days. But the basic mechanics - find quotes, enter and exit trades, set buy and sell orders, set stops and TP’s, find and display basic charts - should be no more than 2 days. If a beginner can’t do that in 2 days, they need either customer support, training or a more suitable (for them) platform.

1 Like

Years; how many years; only month based calculation isn’t enough! By the way, it depends on your dedications and way of learning.

1 Like

I do agree about that. I just think that it’s a good idea to stay on demo until one learns a bit more than than these basics.