Time to get serious

Hi everyone, my names Kelvin and i’m from the UK.

Been learning about trading on and off for the last decade but always seem to lose interest and the funds to take it seriously.

Now there are prop firms available to the masses, I am keen to get serious and make trading a full time business.

I’m not after the lambo or millions of pounds (dollars for my friends across the pond!), I want just enough to give my family a secure and comfortable future.

2 Likes

Hi Kelvin.

Whatever you were doing so far that did not work is worth resurrecting so at least you can not do them again and maybe even so you can do the exact opposite. Are there any critical lessons learned form your previous trading experiences you would want to share?

1 Like

this is really a nice reply

1 Like

Hi and welcome Kelvin. Prop firms certainly give us mortals a chance at trading with more capital but passing the challenges is notoriously difficult. How were you trading before and why do you think you lost interest previously?

1 Like

IMO the reason 80% of traders fail is because all they think about is making money. Which means they respond badly to emotional challenges.

Think in percentage terms and learn how to accept but ignore emotions. The only control is risk exposure.

2 Likes

It was a problem I noticed early on, I’m glad I noticed it

1 Like

Really, that would be quite interesting to know! I’m also interested!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Kelvin. I hope this time around you decide to stick to it. Good luck on your fx trading journey.

1 Like