To anyone trying to make this trading thing work

Hi guys Am Bulelani mostly known as Billy, I have been trading for about a year now, but need to see results so I decided to take a step back and come and learn here from a community which has been highly rated by top traders/mentors. Hit me up we can help each other learn if interested.

You will see results when you keep an updated journal showing what successes and what failures you had. Learn from those - do more of what worked and less of what didn’t.

But don’t knock yourself down, not many new traders persist for a year, and it’s all part of the learning process to become consistently profitable.

I would suggest what is holding you back is continually facing emotional responses when following a live trade,’ mostly FEAR of missing out and FEAR of losing. You have to accept and welcome FEAR, but in a detached ZEN mindset, because there are always winning and losing trades.

That’s my approach. Religiously focus on one trending strategy process, day in and out. As for S/L, I keep a wide 30 pip breathing space, and move a T/P to close before a resistance zone is reached.

Then I send my little robots out and leave them be, overnight. Check them out next morning with a closing plan in place if any are still running.

Hope that helps.
Best of luck.

3 Likes

Heya, it’s good to hear you are focusing on gaining knowledge, I too focus on learning and trying my hands on a demo account. The demo account actually helps to identify all your shortcomings in market analysis, trading decisions and strategy.There is no fear of losing money and a virtual setup of equity, total profit/loss helps to determine how our trade is performing. So, I’m keen to make this trading thing work.

1 Like