To everyone whoever invest money

Hello, im student from Poland (Univercity of Gdańsk) and need to make reasearch for my thesis. I hope you gonna find few minutes to help poor student in need. I’m wirting about influence of psychology on decision in the financial market. The questionnaire is about trading and behavioral economy, it takes about 5-10 minutes to complete and ofcourse is anonymous.

For english speakers:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WFzHhE98U26r5J9I-aXcaqr7HAicUMnGbk5jwa9L1CI/edit#responses

For polish speakers :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1t052sPFzRO6fbAjhN3pMHK1zrenbb1rOClHgjQVC2v8/viewform?edit_requested=true#responses

Thank you all whoever complete, you can be proud of yourself, you are saving life here.

Cześć!

I see few issues with the questions.
the question “stock drops 4%” and “stock drops 30%” lack of info. Decision to add/sell/hold is based on analysis and profile. If it is shortterm technical trade on stock - it may not reach 4% loss due to stop loss. If this is part of long term portfolio, it really does not matter if it drops 4% or 30% in given quarter. Not sue, if answers will give any valuable insight here.

The section “how your investment behavrios changed?” is totally out of context. Is it due to COVID? Last month, last year or throughought 10+ years of investing/trading? :slight_smile:

The same goes “how you feel when stock goes up/down 10%”. For anyone who has at least SOME experience in the market this questions is hard to answer, as this depends on strategy (long/short term), if there is a stop loss in place or is it just a high risk trade with very small position, where 10% has insignificant impact on whole portfolio. Deifnitely misses the emotions/psychology related to market exposure (value at risk).

If you want to just get the data for thesis - this is alright.
But if you care for results to have quality (be meaningful), it may be a good idea to redesign this questionnaire and reboot.

1 Like

Hi,
So, 1st, question with 4% and 30% drop to check your first impresion about it, if you fell for “behavioral traps”.

Section “how your investment behaviour changed” is seen only if you answered “yes” in the previous question about COVID afecting your portfolio, kinda my bad cuz for me that was obvious (i guess only me, because i was the author), gonna change it a little

How you feel when stock goes up/down 10% is about financial behaviour heuristics, that says for people loss hurts more (has more points in sadness value), than win the same amount of money.

Thank you for everhing gonna make few adjustments.