To traders with > 1 year exp, which broker?

to traders who have more than 1 year experience in live trading,

[ul]
[li]which online forex broker do you use?
[/li][li]why did you choose it at the start and why did you stay with it?
[/li][li]are you satisfied so far or are you inclined on transferring to another broker?
[/li][/ul]

i’d like to especially know the Babypips Honorary members choice of forex broker. :slight_smile:

1-My broker is XE Markets(Trading-point).
2-I decided to open an account with them at the start due to their reputation and very good rank among the online forex brokers.
3-No,I am not satisfied and of course i am inclined on transferring to another broker.

I hope my answers help.

thanks for the replies. more please. hehe :slight_smile:

I’ve been with Oanda for over three years. Started with them because of their reputation and their FxTrade platform.

Still like the speed and ease of placing orders with FxTrade, never had any problems withdrawing funds, so I’m a happy customer and plan on staying with them.

I am thinking about opening a second account with another broker but that has nothing to do with worries or issues I have regarding Oanda. :44:

Happy with my brokers; currently I use FXCM, Trader’s Way and Alpari…no complaints yet. I selected the brokers based on the account packages they offer, spreads, execution which makes more sense since I opted for ECN accounts and no, no inclined at the moment to transfer to any other broker…

1. pepperstone, with a razer account
  2. I chose it looking for a good ecn broker, and saw a bunch of good reviews on another forum and I stayed with it because its really no-frills and just straight up. I used to be with easy-forex before and whenever I was doing good they’d start calling me asking me what my strategy was which later on I realized that maybe had to do with the market-maker nature type brokers lol
  3. I’m very satisfied, though maybe once in a while mt4 will lose the connection for maybe 30 seconds, there is no problem with routing my orders. Also they provide really good customer service without being overbearing.

When I started I went with gft. I left them due to not making much profit and blamed them. Then I went with fxsol due to fixed spreads and still trade with them today. There spreads are high but I know the spread even in news events that is nice to know when setting stops. I have considered going with oanda since you can trade partial lots to better tune my risk. I also considered fxcm as I herd you could transfer funds back to my debit card which would be a nice feature but learned now that unless you have a standard account it is not the case. So I have decided to stay with fxsol unless fxcm does offer to send funds to my debit card with a micro account. I will say though all brokers mentioned are great brokers. All with top notch service

I came back to add it was not gft that I was not profitable. It was me being a newbie that thought I knew it all. They were great but I have no reason to go back right now

I’ve been with both Oanda and FXDD for over 5 years. Every broker has its strength. What you have to consider too is the type of trading style you have. Do you make a lot of trades during the day, week? The spreads do matter if you’re going to trade a lot. Sometimes the execution of FXDD is annoying, I get requotes. I had huge accounts over 10k with them many years ago and didn’t really have much prob.
Oanda is good cuz I liked their web based platform. So again, I guess it depends. I left FXCM and CMS, because I wanted to keep it down to 2 brokers, they were so so brokers, but at the time no Metatrader so that was a strike against them.

I’m now considering other brokers though to run an EA robot. I think I can do better with the spreads, and with Meta robots spreads matter, so FXDD better trim some pips. I just have to give it some thought whether I want a 200:1 leveraged account again and want my money offshore in Belize :slight_smile: Hard to believe they had 400:1 leverage a few years ago. ahh those were the crazy days of FX :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.

Clark

thank you all. been a good help. i hope to read more replies from our veterans as this could be of help to my other fellow newbies.

I can recommend PaxForex to you. I have been with them for a while and made them my prime broker. SO far I can only report positive things about them.

almost one year of live trading,

• I trade with hotforex since last year.
  • I was invited by a fellow trader from the same country (not an IB nor affiliated with the broker)
  • Honestly it was like an up and down ride, nothing major, but the thing I love about it iss how fast they improve and fix some loops like minor execution issue in the past. best feature is withdrawal, comming from south east asia and using moneybookers at time i recive my money in my bank in less than two days, but usualy its 3-5.

Im not saying they are the best out there, its just that they work really fine for me.

there, I hope it helps…

Hi FxFocus,

There are no requotes on the MT4 platform with FXCM, and we accept all types of EAs including scalping EAs.

[B]FXCM US MT4 Demo | FXCM UK MT4 Demo[/B]

Jason

I started with thinkorswim and they have a lot of bells and whistles for options traders, but for forex I suffered through a lot of issues with them. Eventually switched to using both FXDD and GFT, haven’t had any issues with either. FXDD usually have a big presence at forex trade shows and the FXDD rep really knew his stuff.