TOBY'S 600 SECONDS BREAKOUT SYSTEM ( Ratio 1:2)

Hi Toby, u mentioned that there is no such trade for the USDCHF but this PO was placed few days ago at the same time you stated to look out for it. the SMA was trending downwards too. My bar low was 9120. I got triggered at 9115 but it only hit a low of 9114 and shot up causing a 50 pips loss within 4hrs :frowning: Did i miss something?

Steo,

go back and look at my post on page 14. The sell stop should have been at 0.91193. However, it should never have been triggered because the next day br after this one was taller than the previous thus cancelling the previous inside bar that formed. As per the rules, you leave the order peding until no more inside bars are formed. And if inside bars are still forming, then you move your order along with the most recent inside bar. So when this sell stop was placed at 0.91193, then next bar did not hit the order, nor was it an inside bar anymore, so the order was cancelledā€¦i think you left the order in and it was later hit. It was all quite close, like within a few pips, but regardless, the pending order was no longer valid.

Hi WAN73D, didnā€™t know had to cancel PO if next bar goes opp direction. thot only cancel PO when SMA changed direction as per post #1?

Steo, Apologies. Youā€™re 100% correct. And iā€™ve had another quick look now and yep, to me it looks like you would have had the order filled and stopped out and (without looking) probably stop lossed in the same day like you say. I actually did enter that trade but even earlier by accident because i didnt include sundays bar with monday (like Iā€™m thinking we should). So yeh, iā€™d like to hear from Toby or others also how they went with this.

steo here the answer of your question, inside bar of 30th of jan the low is 0.9123 minus 5 offset =0.9118, on the 1st of feb the bar low is 0.9116, so until now still pending my inside bar (30th of jan) usdchf, yesterday there is another inside bar for usdchf you can put another order as long as you comply with the direction of the tren(SMA21) and then of course your money management. good luck guys for today, its very quiet at the moment prefer for a big bang later.

4 pairs of PO todayā€¦hope get all in hands

good luck to you littlemay!!!:slight_smile: did you take eurjpy aswell?

sorry but a little confused. your inside bar is 0.9123 so you put a sell stop at 0.9118 right? on 1st feb the lowest price went was 0.9116 and wouldnā€™t that have triggered your sell stop of 0.9118?

Anyway, spotted 5 POs today
EURUSD buy
GBPUSD buy
USDCHF sell
USDCAD sell
EURJPY buy (triggered)

todays result.

eurusd = 50 pips loss
usdcad (jan 24 inside bar) = 120 pips win

GBPUSD was stopped out. AUDNZD is turning against me. Time to relax for the weekend. :cool:

Hi toby,
Just wanted to share results of my one year back test for EURUSD. Total pips gained 950. No negative month. But pips are not much and there are few months when SMA was flat or no inside bar so no trade. But this was back test of one pair only.

Since these pairs are corelated, I guess when one shows entry others also show entry? That mean you can only take one entry if you follow money and risk management. what are your thoughts?

[B]Jan - Dec 2011[/B]
EURUSD FXCM Daily Closing at 5 PM EST
[B]Date L/S Win Loss BE Pips [/B]

4-Jan s 1 100
21-Jan l 1 100

16-Feb l 1 100
23-Feb l 1 100

2-Mar l 1 100
17-Mar l 1 100
31-Mar l 1 -50

8-Apr l 1 100
12-Apr l 1 -50
20-Apr l 1 100
25-Apr l 1 -50

5-May l 1 -50
23-May s 1 100

June 0

July 0

Aug 0

8-Sep s 1 100
19-Sep s 1 100
21-Sep s 1 100
26-Sep s 1 -50

Oct 0

Nov 0

2-Dec s 1 -50
6-Dec s 1 -50
28-Dec s 1 100

Total 13 7 950

On H4 I use SL 50 pips TP 100 pips. Risk to Reward is 1:2.

I have back tested your method. Iā€™m impressed. Do you have any win/loss data? I have traded using daily engulfing bars. I go long if engulfing bar is above the 50 sma and short if below. After backtesting I think you get better results. Do you have a win rate?

Thanks,
Greg

FX 280 I find that the eur/usd is not the best fx to trade a method like toby. I like the nzd/usd and the aud/usd.

audusd (buystop)
eurchf (sellstop) - not ideal pair, but sma 21 is trending down so im risking 50 pips here.

What about sell order on USDCAD? I have Friday close 0.99265 and todayā€™s low (so far) 0.99275

What about short on usd/cad?

I agree, but Iā€™m at .9919

It is good to be onboard with this style of trading. I have traded in the past with daily engulfing bars that close above the 50 sma for longs and below for shorts.

I like the inside bars with the 21 sma as a guide with direction. This looks to be a far better method.

Good work Tobey! Iā€™m looking forward to following this thread.

Very cool!

Greg

I know this isnā€™t too relevant as I read earlier in the thread HOWEVER:

Out of curiosity, when do your daily candles close per your broker? My broker is GMT so I have to wait till 7:00PM EST before I get my close. I know between now and then there is also very little movement so for those trading this system for a bit have you ever run into any problems setting your limits earlier than the candle close?