TOBY'S 600 SECONDS BREAKOUT SYSTEM ( Ratio 1:2)

got stop lossed on eur/jpy and nz/jpy - Eur/jpy went as far as 134 pips in profit then turned down, and my nz/jpy went the same way after going to 88 in profit, then went south - might be some tweaking to do on that last pair regarding the TP.
but in all good faith, a very good system - Sheriff, I chose these pairs randomly, i like the JPY crosses as they have served me well since i started demo-ing this system. as for the gold, i traded it in the past but not very successfully and just being curious and experimenting if this strategy could apply to it.
to be continued…

The EUR/JPY trade ended with a loss. The AUD/USD is still alive, but in red, hoping for the best…
GPB/USD has an IB, but the SMA 21 is flat in my eyes, so I’m passing this one.

Crapped out on EURJPY. True for everyone else?? Currently in AUDUSD but in red.
Eurjpy was an annoying site to see because it was heavily green for a fair while only to snap back to stop loss.

There’s an inside bar on Gbpusd now but I’m staying out. SMA21 is flat to me.

If I add my demo account with my live account im break even at best. A little jaded. Will keep going though.

Crapped out again. Audusd

Don’t think this is on the original list, but have placed a long order on GBPNZD.

AUD/USD hit SL. Three losses in a row so far. Over all I’m up 230 pips over 12 trades, 5 winners and 7 losers. Overall win % so far is 41%, and I’m even in green. I’m pretty happy with this result so far and especially happy with my self, my discipline was rock solid over this period :). Good luck to all!

Hi Sheriff are you on demo still or real money ? well done either way. same here, massive boost to confidence, discipline, time management, not looking at trades thanks to this strategy, i am still on demo for now (i am planning to go live begin of may with real money)
isabelle

New Month, New system. Good time to start. This system fits well with my schedule, so looking forward to trading and following this :smiley:

Hi All,

I am fairly new to forex and wonder if one of you can maybe tell me which indicator on metatrader 4 indicates the 21 SMA.

Thank you,

Stopped out on this one. This pair seems to trade a wide daily range, so setting SL and TP was difficult for me with my lack of experience. I went for the standard 50/100 and lucked out pretty quickly.

You will want to use a moving average. Set period to 21. Set MA Method to Simple

Hi Crumpetis,
My demo days are long gone, truth to be told, I never believed in demo, just can’t pretend it’s real. I found a better option to be a small but real account. Any way I’m trading this on a real acc (biggish, at least for me). The best thing about this system for me is the really low stress level, compared with trying to day trade. Good luck to you!

Hi, I’m 'following this system with passion, thank Toby’s.
Can you help me, I am Italian and the translation does not go very well. I understood the system, but I have some doubts about the candle on Monday. I guess I should not consider the candle of Sunday and refer to that on Friday, I got it right?
Also apart from the initial system, you have added some indicator? Or what?
Sorry for the translation.
Greetings from Florence …

Emiliano

hey xxorione, yeah just ignore the sunday candle and use the friday candle, only use sma21 with this system and your good to go, more pips to you!

Hello 600 second system fans!
A little update from me. Three new pending orders today: USD/JPY, EUR/JPY and of course GBP/JPY, all three longs. I still have the USD/CAD short pending order on from 21st of March. Good luck!

Hi

In relation to three pending orders today, EUR/Jpy I cant fathom how today is an inside day as the low of today is lower that
yesterday. What am I doing wrong

Hey Sheriff! What broker do you use? I see inside bar only on USD/CAD.

Hi Topclass,
This was discussed before, thing is that different brokers use different price feed and the best that we mere mortals can do is to stick with our brokers prices. Ideally we would use some great interbank feed, but…
I use GFT UK, and my is a spread betting account, so make your own conclusions. Probably you’re not doing anything wrong, just keep in mind, that FOREX is and OTC (over the counter) market.

He Octapop,
I use GFT UK as my broker. I have IB’s as mentioned above, and USD/CAD is not an IB on my chart, today’s low is lower by 0.3 pips (3 pippetes ) so I will ignore it. By the way the SMA 21 is flat so I would ignore it anyway if it would be an IB on my chart.

Yes, different brokers, different time close as well. None of the orders mentionned by Sheriff are IB on my chart so I am staying put (i am with capital spreads).
I still have an old pending order on US/CAD that dates back to 22/3. on my chart the bar for today for US/CAD is not an IB by 0.0001 pip so i am keeping my pending order as it is. I just added my win and losses for March and + 517 pips in profit,so i am a happy bunny (especially as Easter is round the corner !)

Good luck everyone and Happy Easter to all of you (don’t overdo the choccies !)
Isabelle