Today I wish I was Canadian

My goodness would this be so awesome.

Chase, throw a bone to us stateside! Imagine getting your debt cleared out. Wow. Karma?

1 Like

Damn,i have no debt and am no canadian. I lose out double on that :exploding_head::disappointed:

Is that for past credit debt or can i still fly over there buy a house and my debt gets erased?

1 Like

I can see that I contracted the wrong credit card…Just kidding, I am not even Canadian :slight_smile:

I remember when i lived in new york in 2008 the present of bush when he gifted 600usd to every citizen in the usa

Yay i was happy, especially considering i wasnt us citizen,only there for university and had a part time job.

Go bush (i dont mean the hair :joy: )

He did? I had actually no idea. Actual money like a pay check or actually some form of tax refund or some sort of similar credit?

I got a check by mail. Cash check from the IRS.

i told my boss “wtf i had no irs record as i wasnt working here (usa) last year” he said “go thank bush, it was his growth acceleration through consumer spending program, everybody gets a check to spend on goods” but most people just put it on the bank anyways :joy:

Every coworker got a cash check as well the same day.

Wow! that’s impressive, like a fairy tale : Cinderella, only much better! :slight_smile:

First time i got a gift from a government (and only time ever so far) was a good time. Spent the most in a bar at briant park in ny city, rest in the whiskey bar in the whiskey hotel on timesquare with other people :joy:

Oh and bought crappy shoes. Didnt wear threm 2 weeks as they sucked. The rest of the year i spent walking around trying to find good italian shoes in ny. Here they cost around a 100 bucks, there they were not below 500 :exploding_head:

Excellent use of Bush’s money. Nothing like celebrating something good coming out of the IRS, for a change.

I never got anything from my government, except headaches.

Did you enjoy living in NY?

Yes was nice. Did my master there. Got offered to stay and a job but decided to go back to europe cause of family and the better lifestyle. And wages are pretty much the same anyways. So no reason to stay all alone 7000 kilometers away from home.

1 Like

It is always nice to go back home, even if you are in the best place of the Metaverse.

There is good and bad everywhere.

I love the business opportunities of USA but i disslike the artificiallity of life.

Europe has greats to offer for life but not as good business opportunities unless you inherit a lot of money.

America is great for people who “want to make it on their own” europe is great for people who “want to have a nice realxing life”

I wish there was a middle way. But there isnt.

Today id had no problem going to america again, for business. But my ties are here now.

EXACTLY how I see it as well, despite never having been to the US.

1 Like

Wait. How? Why???

That would be something. I think the cut off was August this year to shut down the business. Imagine just signing up for a credit card last month and maxing that bad boy out to find out this month, zero balance!

1 Like