Top 3 reasons you FAIL at TRADING FOREX

Some of the things I got by talking with my students:

1. Jumping in trades, without a solid base of knowledge
  2. Letting your emotions overtake your patience in waiting for a setup to form
  3. Focusing on too many things at the same time

Three reasons why I used to fail as a trader:

1. Lack of knowledge
  2. No fixed risk management plan
  3. Becoming overconfident, when you have a profitable strategy ( the market will keep you humble luckily )

For the colour blind traders…find out which colours are comfortable for your eyes. It does help with your psychology. It helps me :rofl:

I agree with you, I do think that lack of knowledge is the most common and the major reason for traders to fail in forex.

1 Like

In my vision,

• overdo the trading
  • trading without plan
  • trade on sentiments rather than analysis.

Most people try to trade with too small of a bankroll.

They react to emotions more than they should.

They let bad trades go on too long, and cut winning trades early.

1 Like

it takes so much time to master forex trading

I do agree that the lack of knowledge is the reason for failure. A trader can gain knowledge while trading. Problems come when he thinks about making profits overnight and uses high leverage.

Top three Reasons Why Forex Traders Fail

• Overtrading
  • Poor Risk Management
  • Not Having or Not Following a Trading Plan
1 Like

I agree with your points. According to me, the main reason for failure is that the traders are not able to find the edge in their trading strategy.

From my personal experience, I can say that many people use mistakes and failures interchangeably while both of them are completely different things. Mistakes happen when you have no idea about the market, and your mistakes help you see the market from a different perspective. And when you fail in trading, it’s not you who fails, but it’s your strategy or the move that fails. But, there is no need to worry, as there are many other ways that you can try your hands at. If you understand these terms deeply, you will understand that they are not negative.

The top three reasons according to me are:-

1. Not practising on the demo accounts

2. Not having enough forex knowledge

3. Excess of greed and overtrading

Yes this a fair point ,though some can’t accept their failing s or mistakes and carry on the same practice .Maybe everyone has nt the same level of self awareness .

People fail because of three major reasons: Lack of knowledge, poor money & risk management, and lack of control on emotions such as greed, fear, anger, revenge, etc

My top reason why I failed as a forex trader when I was starting off was that I was easily losing patience with a lack of understanding about forex. Also, time management is another issue.

1 Like
  1. Not maintaining discipline while trading
  2. Trading without a plan
  3. Failed to adapt to the market
1 Like

Imo, the three main reasons to fail in forex are:

1. Greed
  2. Lack of knowledge
  3. Over trading

I think one single reason for this is lack of desire to be a successful fx trader.
If there is a will there is a way.
Anyone can do it.

Being a beginner I would say it’s over trading, fomo about losing trades, and being indiscipline.

There can be various reasons for failure but the top three are- having unrealistic expectations, trading without a plan, poor risk and money management.

According to me the main three reasons to fail at trading is due to :

1. Lack of discipline.
  2. Over-risking due to greed
  3. Lack of proper forex knowledge.

A high failing rate in the forex market is a result of traders not being able to adapt to the market conditions. It’s not a good idea to assume that a proven strategy would be able to deliver endless winning trades. The market is not static and you have to track down these changes to take advantage of the opportunities.