Top FX Books?

Hello,

Was wondering if I could get some recommendations on the top FX books that cover everything from the basics to more advance topics… (an of course using the Pip School!!)

I was thinking about getting the following book but it seems really advanced…

Inside the Currency Market: Mechanics, Valuation and Strategies (Bloomberg Financial)

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

FX Bootcamp by Wayne Mcdonell

http://www.tradeguider.com/mtm_251058.pdf

Larry Williams all of them he really is an interesting read

Is FX Bootcamp actually legit? Looks like one of those sketchy sites you see being advertised all over the net… If it is legit… How expensive is it…? Is it even worth it? Anyone else use it around the community?

Purple:

The link that you provided does not exist

Thanks, I found another http://www.tradethetruth.com/pics/mtmv3.pdf

Thanks purple, appreciate it :slight_smile: Will definitely start reading it!!

John. J. Murphy - Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets.

Very good read if your into your charting, covers all the possible trade set-ups and price formations you could wish for. It also covers some patterns and set-ups that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else.

Surprisingly, “Currency Trading for Dummies” is a very good beginner’s book. I would also recommend:

• Adventures of a Currency Trader
  • Kathy Lien’s book on day/swing trading
  • Beat the Odds in Forex Trading: How to Identify and Profit from High Percentage Market Patterns
  • Chris Lori’s Pro Trader course
  • Making Money in Forex: Trade Like a Pro Without Giving Up Your Day Job

Not specific to forex, but I consider essential trading reading:

• All of the Market Wizards books
  • Trading, Sex and Dying
  • Trade with Passion and Purpose
  • Trading for a Living
  • Millionaire Traders: How Everday People are Beating Wall Street at its Own Game

Hope that helps!

There is number of forex ebooks at 101forexebook. It may be useful for other traders as well.

Source: 101 Forex eBook - Download FREE Forex eBooks!

Yes … if you like that one, you might also have a look at ‘[I]Chart Pattern Recognition for Metastock[/I]’ and ‘[I]Charting Made Easy[/I]’, by the same author.

‘[I]The Candlestick Course[/I]’, ‘[I]Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques[/I]’ and ‘[I]Beyond Candlesticks - New Japanese Charting Techniques Revealed[/I]’, all by Steve Nison (that’s the guy who ‘discovered’ Japanese Candlesticks and introduced them to Western markets) are also pretty good.

While I think that authors should receive their dues from book sales, of course, take note that all these books are available as free PDFs to the diligent searcher. ^^

Cheers,
O.

Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. This book should be MANDATORY for any trader. It’s not specific to forex.

How to make a living trading Foreign Exchange by Courtney D Smith.

Not a book for short term traders, swing or position only, and it is not always high on clarity.

If it works for you though it is very impressive

I second that!

Thanks Guys!!

Appreciate all the help and recommendations