Torn between both worlds, money or love?

Solution is don’t trade on Fridays, cause they suck! that gives you Fri-Sun to find a chick and have a few kids.

This is what I would do, best of both worlds!

Money for the win.

Damn it. :smiley:

Right now you are looking for a wife and kid to look after. I bet once you got them, you would want none of that to happen as they are a huge disturbance to trading. :smiley:

Kidding aside, you can socialize in the morning and late evening (your time). once you reach mid-London, close the damn chart and get out. spend your time outside the house a few weekends every month. if you spend too much time in front of the charts, obviously you can offer less time for personal interaction. find a balance is the key.

Hey all, thank you so much for each and everyone of your response. I’ve read them all and appreciate each one of it.

Anyway as i was saying, i was awaiting for my results and it just came out.

Well, congratulations!

Money makes the world go round…true 'dat. But yes, if you do not get much free time, chances of socializing during the week is pretty much nil…heck, it’s non existent. And for what it’s worth, this is an open ended question and no answer is going to sound right - in other words, you need to make the call on what’s more important to you, good luck!

And nice - congratulations!

I think this should answer your question

Thank you for your wishes.
I’ve decided to look for a coporate job and sneak in some trades at work.
Trading is already part of my life and i can’t simply just chuck it aside.

However i do need a life as well, to be with family friends and defintely to find someone to settle down with.
That’s my plan for now… still thank you for all the response guys! Its been a great help :slight_smile:

You sound hella young,

If you just graduated university your what 22-23 so around my age.
You’ve got atleast 2-3 years maybe of struggling to find a job if you even need it if you say you are so “profitable” as a trader.

Why are you in such a rush to get married?

I know coming from an asian family your pressured left and right to excel and succeed but in the end if you just want a girlfriend that’s fine, nobody will fault you for it, but don’t go changing your entire life and sweep it into the misery of another job.

Unlike you I was an underachiever, not “average” and for those others I was not an Asian I wasn’t even a Bsian. I was a C-sian, sometimes an Fsian.

I had no idea what I wanted to do I just did what came natural to me and being very headstrong I unfortunately listened to the opinions of others and lemme tell you their opinions are total ****. My parents got to the breaking point where they didn’t know what I was going to do and that I’d be a veg. I distinctly remember them pressuring me to be surprise surprise… doctor, engineer, or something that involved a million dollars a year to which I would spend to lavish upon them for their half to no a$$ parenting, yeah right lets spend money to buy our bullies fancy cars and nice clothes and ****, and the fact that the aptitude tests revealed an anesthesiologist as one of my top 3 they flipped their lids thinking that idiot?

My point in this is that you first have to decide whether its something you want, not your parents, not your sybling, not your mentors, I know its hard with all these young couples getting married before university or even out of university but lemme ask you how many highschool sweethearts did you know marry and stay married? I’m still young and I only know of 2 people in my entire acquiataince, family, and social pool that have even gotten close to marriage and even then it was just an ultimatum he gave her and she ended up splitting from him.

The pressure of growing up is not a proper formula; its not go to school and get good grades, go to post secondary, get good job, meet person at said job, date them, eventually get married and have kids. FFFFF-cuk no. You forget that this isn’t a storybook, you will have heart breaks, you will fail classes, you will encounter people who are no good for you, you will get fired or quit, you will have divorces.

If you take that corporate job I can’t stop you, but imagine this, what if its all males, what if no female comes along for days/weeks/months/years, or better yet what if the female that comes along only dates certain ethnics, or what if this job drains you with long hours enough hours that drain you physically and mentally that you can’t trade or worse keep losing trades? I’ve had that before, I’ve had many jobs before too, I went from fast food, sales rep in tech, driver, charity work, catering/serving, bartending but very briefly, currently in film independently and unionized but I’m considering leaving, and I learn about FX and commodities. Why did I leave those jobs constantly? It wasn’t because I couldn’t find someone hot far from it despite my high standards as my friends tell me, but because those jobs made me miserable and because someone always pushed me into them.

I’ll even take an extra step back from my analysis to illustrate this last point, what if you meet said person yes were all told if we meet “the one” its supposed to be magical you instantly click etc. Problem, how many women have you actually talked to or even dated? What if you don’t know what to say, to do, where to take her, what if you sleep with her and guess what condom broke and yes condoms do break and your a 23/24 year old father with a crappy job you maybe stuck with now since you need that guaranteed income, (what if she doesn’t learn to love your farts)? According to what your saying your social IQ maybe a bit low as well, women will decide whether you are a valid partner in the first few seconds of meeting them. If your a rich fool who hasn’t dated anyone she may even take advantage of you, not saying this is everyone’s opinion just mine but (no pipzilla its not racist if its your own race, back off), I think UOL is in china or wherever you are in asia, recently and previously I’ve noticed a lot of those when I lived on the West coast it didnt matter if they were chinese althought it was really prevalent in them, viet, taiwanese, etc if you didn’t drive a nice car or have some money to spend on the gucci or whatever crap they wear these days they wouldn’t even look at you (I blame sex and the city).

Now your my age, I’ve considered all this in about less than 30 mins give or take and I may not even have scratched the entire core of the real problem. Yes, we do share a similar instinct that we want to pass on our genes or have a companion to share our life with however you also have to factor in the negatives and not just focus on the positives because it will leave you blind to the consequences. I know it sounds very pessimistic but guess what if everything good happens why even have this problem, you take the yin with the yang.

Something to consider, I don’t have anymore time left to rant on however like I said, Listen to yourself and understand what it is that YOU want and not what others want for you.

You’re welcome and yes, once you get into trading…in the sense that’s your work and no longer a hobby, you’ll have to search for the perfect balance between trading and your personal time. In your case, you’re looking to socialize… fine, but more often than not, it’s just the basic human need to relax, to have a good time and just do nothing. In other words, leisure, hope you get more of it soon enough’ and believe it or not, we are all in the same boat with different tags for it [personal space, me time, etc.]

I thought they were the same thing (money and love)??? Well: TRADING (profitably that is) and love anyway??? Love may come and go: but being able to trade consistently profitable is priceless (and no pun intended).

Regards,

Dale.

I don’t see why you can’t find love while trading full time.

There are gals around your area in the morning time isn’t? Or is it you just don’t have the skill to talk with a woman and get them out for a date?

Forex is 5 days, and you have 2 days of the weekend for romance.

Dude, if you can work hard to become a profitable trader. I’m sure you too can work hard to learn how to talk with woman and get lots lots of date.

Love dies in an empty stomach dude.
Be a man, get rich and with that you can funds your tons of date, learn about what good woman really is, THEN you get married.

As the saying goes, First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women.

100% agreed! :smiley:

I would say the main issue is i need to widen my social circle. To meet new people and stuff. I do not have issues with going on date or speaking with women. But they’re usually of the same circle i have known for quite a while.

I was hoping getting out to work to meet more people from all walks of life.
If i were to trade full time its from 2pm to 10 pm on average for me everyday, 5 days a week.

My social life is greatly affected due to the timing as im from asia. True i could attend match making session and stuff which is another possibility, lol.

I come from a background whereby money isn’t everything. Rather family comes first. And there’s no way i can agree on money = love

BUt still, thank you all for your replies once again!
And i hope all is surviving well as this month is damn slow! Cheers :slight_smile:

Yep same boat as you; but you know once you develop a few net profitable (over the long, long term) systems, it will take you far less time to implement those and you would have time to go out. Also you get the saturday and sunday off if you already have a few systems and need not do so much research, so it is quite possible :slight_smile:

im sorry if i’m coming on strong and blunt, particularly for my first post on the forums. i saw your post earlier this day and somehow i couldn’t take my mind off it. and 12 hours later i’m still itching to reply.

first, how would you describe your relationships (bgr/friends) while you were in college? my point being, if you thought of the day you realized you need to settle down, you should have done some work pertaining to relationships. perhaps you were too focused on studies. i don’t know. but i think it would be good for you to ponder and look inside for answers. don’t worry, you don’t have to answer any of these. just think about it. some searching might help you at the workplace too.

then ask yourself. why do you want a wife and kids? a status thing? coz you’re expected to? are the wife and kids supposed to give you your purpose in making money/trading? if that’s the case i’d rather you not marry that poor woman. you should find a someone you truly love. you don’t find someone because you needed to settle down.

(and yea, in response to an earlier post. money brings women. but not wives.)

good luck with your corporate/love thing. IMO love finds you and often you don’t find it when you’re out looking for it.

are you from Sing.? Lee Kuan Yew told people to mass reproduce for Singapore’s future :smiley:

Best wishes to all your plans