TP not executed

Hello to everybody,

I’m currently using MT4 with Alpari and today the price crossed a TP order then retraced, but the TP was not executed. I took a screenshot, but since this is my first post I assume that I can’t attach it. Also last week, a buy stop order was executed despite the fact that the price was 10 pips away.

Can anyone please explain that to me? Is something that I’m missing?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=“dimitp;514548”]Hello to everybody,

I’m currently using MT4 with Alpari and today the price crossed a TP order then retraced, but the TP was not executed. I took a screenshot, but since this is my first post I assume that I can’t attach it. Also last week, a buy stop order was executed despite the fact that the price was 10 pips away.

Can anyone please explain that to me? Is something that I’m missing?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

If its 10 pips difference both time then may be due to ask price and sell price difference…

Do you have idea abt ask price and bid price ?

Hi Eager, thanks for the quick response.

You’re probably right and it didn’t even cross my mind. At that point the spread was 6.5 and it seems that it wasn’t executed for 0.1-0.3 pips, although I can’t really tell from the screenshot.

This spread is killing me! :15:

Hi Dimitp,

Good question.

Charts show the bid only – and you should not rely solely on the chart information to determine where the market[B] offer (Ask-Price)[/B] is at any given time. You have to factor in the [B]spread[/B] to find the offer.

BUY trades are opened at the ASK price and closed at the BID price (prices showing on the charts).
[B]SELL trades are[/B] opened at the BID price (prices showing on the charts) and [B]closed at the ASK price.[/B]

As our forex spreads are set by price competition from multiple liquidity providers, they can vary based on market volatility and liquidity. As that changes, so too can the spread. If you would like to gain access to tighter spreads, I would recommend looking into the either our MT5 ECN account or MT4 Pro account which offer lower transaction costs through a reduced spread/commission combination.

The transaction cost is dependent on the amount of volume you transact on a monthly basis, so transaction cost decrease as your volumes increase. Commission is based on volume traded per calendar month and commissions are nominal per currency pair traded.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative