Trade did not execute

I set order yesterday evening(sun) be4 market opened this morning. My entrace price was hit but my trade did not execute and I do not understand why…
Thank you 4 any reply

Because the broker IS NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO FILL YOUR PENDING ORDER if they don’t want to

1 Like

Seriously??? Did not happen 2 me be4 (at least I m not aware of)
Thanks a lot 4 ur help.
Any idea why they would do that???
I thought they re chasing 4 public participants…

ok
well. some people would argue that the broker is a bastard

some people would argue that it’s slippage

some people would ask you did you have the SHOW ASK LINE setting enabled
(Because maybe it didn’t actually hit the price, but YOU THINK IT DID)

some people would ask you “what did the broker say when you asked them”

the fact is…
if it’s a mistake on your part, then it didn’t hit and the mistake is yours and not the brokers

if it did hit, then …
like i said THE BROKER HAS A CHOICE AS TO WHETHER THEY ACCEPT TRADES OR NOT.
When you are trading, it’s easy (trade after Trade) to forget that the BROKER IS NOT OBLIGATED TO ACCEPT YOUR TRADE

SO… if they didn’t accept it, you didn’t lose either… so it’s ok
but they probably didn’t accept it because they didn’t see how they could make money of it
or, they just didn’t want it (For whatever reason)

as for Chasing Public Participants
THEY ARE NOT CHASING THEM
People are lining up at the door to be taken advantage of, the broker doesn’t need to chase them anymore.

but your answer revolves around
THE BROKER CHOSE NOT TO FILL THE TRADE
or
THE PRICE DIDN’T ACTUALLY GET HIT
it’s one of those two

the broker is not a bastard just because they decide not to take your trade.
Just like if you sell me a computer and i decide not to buy it,
I’m not a bastard if i choose that that computer is not for me or it’s not in my budget

does that help at all

Hi Martin.
Thanks 4 ur time and explanation. I appreciate gr8tly! My comment 2 it:
1.The price was hit at 9:00AM… I checked almost all time frames 2 make sure.
2. I thought trades are executed by computer program=no human is involved 2 check if the trade suits d broker or not…
3. No I do not have Show Ask Line as I did not know about it and do not know how to set…
4. If ppl were lining in d door to trade… why do they still advertise so much about broker’s platforms, education etc. As u know most of “traders” lose - trading rule 90-90-90 + does not make sense with average income… Ppl are not printing money on d toilette… (lol)

Well…
My level is good entrace point I believe and is gonna be reach today, tomorrow or day after again anyway… Let’s give it another chance :wink:

There could be many reason. You might did any mistake. Or it could be the slippage. Also forex broker has a choice whether they accept the trade or not. It also might happen. Broker can deny the trade if they see that it would not be profitable. Because ultimately using brokers platform we the trader are executing the trade. And from our trade broker will make their profit. So, if they are seeing that it will not be profitable they can denied the trade.

1 Like

They are
Humans monitor the algorithm for errors, but the trading is automated and makes the MATHEMATICAL DECISION as to whether to ACCEPT THE RISK OR NOT.
the program decided to not accept your trade
aka… The broker decided to not accept your trade (same thing)

this is then most likely the cause of your confusion
if you right click on a chart and go to properties and then select COMMON
you can check SHOW ASK LINE
and you’ll see the difference in the spread at any point in time and you’ll see if something hits your levels or not

They do it because IT’S A MARKETING BUSINESS MODEL THAT WORKS

but , my point was…
if everyone lost, No one would re enter

in marketing there is a tactic called CREATE URGENCY
that’s what they do when they advertise that you can win

hence, newbies get the taste for financial freedom and think they can get rich quick and if they don’t ACT NOW they will miss out
example… BITCOIN

bitcoin is still advertised
yet the people running it don’t really need to be users to buy it, because most users are stupid and they’ll buy it anyway.

also what was the spread at the time your trade didn’t execute ?

T y!
The spread I dont know but it should execute at 209.50 and at 9:00am price hit 209.10 level (checked even 1 min chart) so spread 40 pips is quite a lot, no?
T y for that show ask line gonna try to apply that to chart.
I know about Bitcoin. I do not like that cryptocurrency. (There are more reasons for it)

And I can not right click on d chart… :drooling_face: I trade on my phone app. Any clue how to do it there? :pensive:

oh… ok
well. i have Android

go to SETTINGS
check ASK PRICE LINE SHOW ASK LINE

if you have apple it should be similar in the MT-4 app

hehe
yeah… spread of 40 pips is quiet a bit
and that’s probably why it didn’t hit it

see… you said it hit 209.50
but WHICH LINE hit it
the Ask for the Bid price ?
because depending on whether you were buying or selling will depend on which line should hit it before the trade executes

like i said
enable the ask line on demo
go to a 1minute chart and watch it move
you’ll see what i mean

Also, if you are trading a reversal, a rejection of a level, Price can sometimes touch that level but not sit there long enough to trigger you into the trade. Obviously I don’t know if that is what happened in this instance.

1 Like

I Think he just wasn’t aware of the spread and it widened up and he didn’t realize that the trade was not triggered.
happens all the time