Trader Intro for the Community

Hello! I’m Jason. Currently a U.S. resident. I started buying stocks in March, 2021. I eventually started buying and holding crypto.

I recently decided to take up swing trading crypto using an AI bot. Of course, I recently took a beating during the latest crypto crash. I almost decided to give up trading entirely the other day.

I realized I lack some fundamental skills necessary to be successful trading. After a bit of searching, most people recommended babypips as the best starting point.

So…here I am. I’m looking to learn as much as possible and increase my odds of making profits and reducing losses. I also look forward to making some new connections.

1 Like

Hi and welcome on BP :slight_smile: Regards Greg

Thanks, Greg! I like what I see as I check out the community for the first time. I hope I can eventually contribute something useful in the future.

Welcome. You’ve come to the right place.

For some ideas on developing a strategy, check out the “Trade journal” or “Trading Systems” sections.

There are experienced members here who are more than willing to answer any questions you have.

Good luck!
Matt

1 Like

@MattyMoney I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I will check out both sections.

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Don’t beat yourself up, most, if not all traders, lose money while learning how to trade properly. We all make mistakes. Already, you’re ahead of the newbie pack; perseverance will hold you in good stead for the next mountain to climb.

Rule of thumb is that it could take you two years or more to become consistently profitable - that’s how long it took me - and I’m way off being able to manage emotional control completely.

You will find FOMO at every trade corner, waiting for your nemesis to strike. This mindgame is why the majority of traders fail to succeed. So, best of luck and enjoy your time here on this great education site.

@steve369 Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate your encouragement and wisdom. I’m determined to become a successful trader. I feel like I am on a better path

1 Like