Tradestation question

anyone know how to make tradestation/marketscope show both a bid and ask line?

I’ve never found out how to either, other than on the tick chart :confused:

Hi Talon,

The only way to see both bid and ask at the same time on the Marketscope chart is if you are looking at a tick chart. On any higher time-frame, you will only be able to view the bid or the ask price. One or the other.

What you could do instead is use the Strategy Trader platform. It has the ability to display both the bid and ask line for any time-frame. See image below where I created a 5 minute line chart on EUR/USD displaying the bid/ask close price for each period.

To set this up, you would first create a line chart for the bid. Then right click on the chart and choose “Insert Symbol” from the menu. In the window that appears, choose the Settings tab at the top. This will give you the option to choose Bid/Ask for the Quote Field and down at the bottom set the SubChart to “SubChart #1”. That will display the second line for the Ask prices.

Cheers,

Jason

To add to what Jason said it would be no problem to chart with the strat trader and enter trades with tradestation2. Both platforms can be logged into the same account at the same time and use the same price feed. Some aspects of charting with the strat trader are kinda clunky its not as simple as clicking a few options on a dropdown menu to change pairs or time frames. Its worth learning if you want to get some chart options that I have not found on any other free platform.

I usually have the strat trader, TSII, Marketscope and MT4 all going at the same time.:rolleyes:

so it can’t be done directly on the marketscope charts… oh well, would have been nice to have.

I agree, takes a little getting used to at first.