Trading behaviors

Hello there,
I have a question and would like to know your though on it. What are the key differences in trading behaviors between amateur traders and professional traders in the forex market?
Thank you.

1 Like

I think i can say that i one word :slightly_smiling_face: Distractions

1 Like

Pro traders accept what the market throws at them. Here is a link to one. tradertom.com

3 Likes

How do you distinguish the two?

1 Like

That must be these 4-5% of traders who some say can only make money on trading :laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Professional traders often have a deeper understanding of market dynamics, trading strategies, technical analysis, and risk management.

1 Like

Why %95 of traders fail?
Unprepared mindset
Reliance on ineffective tools
Progress naivety.
Thank you, if you are educated and have a plan, you can be successful in trading.

mention the key word exactly.

I do not think that %95 of traders fail, but maybe something around like 95% of startups fail and there is a difference between these two kind of “traders”.

I think around 90% of people who buy a guitar to start learning never become competent either, just because they bought a guitar doesn’t make them a guitarist if you get my point.

2 Likes

haha, then did you just answer your own questions?

Professional traders have risk management, emotional restraint, and well-defined strategies.

3 Likes

Hello.
The patience. I remember once there was a post here about the importance of patience, that was pretty cool and helpful.
You need to accept the fact that sometimes you don’t have to enter the market, or even if the trade is not going the way you like it, you have to wait for your SL, since you trust you skills!

1 Like

Professionals never forget that NFPR’s is coming up soon.

Thats the most accurate statement on the 95% I have ever read! I wonder why its never put the way you put it? I think its something to do with the law.

1 Like

I tend to agree in principle. The 95% figure has no basis in factual statistics and is in any case a meaningless metric.

The accurate statistic which is relevant here and now is that 70-80% of actively trading clients of EU and UK brokers (who are legally obliged to declare these figures) have lost money since depositing funds with the broker. That’s all we know about the traders.

But with regards start-up businesses, its very common that these make a loss in their first year or two.

1 Like

Take a site like Betfair it is the same principles apply and many open an account with Betfair and start trading football, horses, tennis etc as many think it is so easy as they know everything about football for example, but the vast majority never come out with a plus on the account but keep throwing money into a black hole as they do not want to learn how to trade.

1 Like