Trading books recommendation

Actually, reading books will strengthen your theoretical knowledge but the market wants practical knowledge. Even if you earn theoretical knowledge, you have to apply this knowledge on the market through demo account to make it practical.

Books don’t help become a good trader, but would give you insights on how you become one.

I wrote a book “The Stoic Trader”, it’s a daily devotion of the trader and covers the whole of 260 trading days a year, whether a newbie, an amateur or a professional, i can assure this book should be a great help to everyone.

I get my inspiration from this book each day before getting on the screen. You can check it out through this link www.selar.co/uztq (Available in e-book for now but am working on its hardcover)

Wow, interesting!
Could you please explain more about your book?

1 Like

Inside it is motivation & insights for each trading days of the year - It’s of course a guardian.

1 Like

Trading books and authors have different objectives such as -
be a good trader
follow these trading systems
know a lot about price action and charts

Titles from each can be useful and maybe the best traders have a balance of knowledge from all of these areas. I would highly recommend certain writers -
be a good trader - Mark Douglas, Edwin Lefèvre (Jesse Livermore),

follow these trading systems - Larry Connors + Linda Raschke, Curtis Faith, Marc Rivalland, Alan Farley, Larry Williams, Hill + Pruitt + Hill, Michael Covel,

know a lot about price action and charts - Al Brooks, Thomas Bulkowski, Steven Nison,

Reading one book from each group in turn would be the start of a great development programme.

7 Likes

I always always go back to this thread for trading book recommendations. :sweat_smile: I haven’t really read all of these yet, but you might want to check out some of these! :blush:

If you are very much keen to earn knowledge by reading books, then you can read ‘’Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets’’ by John J. Murphy. It will help you enhance you technical skill.

Books alone cannot make anyone a successful trader. They contain valuable information and provide a solid foundation for becoming a good trader.

they improve the odds

Tommor’s excellent post above should be very helpful to you

1 Like

did you find it practical for beginners?

Thank you for introducing your book, “The Stoic Trader.” It sounds like a great resource for traders of all levels right?, and I appreciate your recommendation. I’ll definitely check it out and consider adding it to my reading list. Thanks again for sharing!

If you have a question while reading a book, you may not have the opportunity to ask it right away.

Thank you for sharing this valuable resource with me! I appreciate your recommendation and will definitely check out the trading book recommendations in this thread. It’s great to have a community of traders who can share their knowledge and help each other improve. Thanks again!

Thank you for the recommendations! Having a balance of knowledge from different areas is important for trading success. I’ll check out the authors you mentioned.
I will promise to be a friend with books :))

Little Rose is always around :joy:Tell me about yourself, Rose. Or share a link to your biography :joy:

1 Like

Digital world, Physical books?

1 Like

haha. he already did! perhaps take a chance and buy it!

@OscarR123 try the search function. There are lots of thread about books! Have fun!

1 Like

When you read books, you learn how to make smart choices and not just spend money at random. Everyone in this world needs to keep learning. Whether you have a trade or not, you need to keep your skills sharp. By reading books and papers, it’s easy to get a clear picture of what trading is all about. Then, you can practice a lot to get better. Here are the best suggestions we can make. No matter how much you know about selling or how new you are, you will love these books. I have read or am reading all of these books.

1. The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
  2. Stock Market For The Common Man - Sandeep Yadav
  3. Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas
  4. The Psychology of Money - Morgan Housel
  5. How to Make Money in Intraday Trading - Ashwani Gujaral

I hope you would like this.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the list. Actually, I don’t read books but I am willing to read. I hope I can make some advancement after reading these books.

1 Like

that’s interesting! Let’s talk about ourselves. So, what do you all do for a living?

1 Like