Trading Confluence with Petefader

Just one more question, Pete… What exactly is an up-bar and down-bar? :slight_smile: How it looks like?

First thing I see is that your entry criteria should be more precise. Shorting any random ND because it’s in distribution is not going to give the best probability (sorry Tradeguider lol). You need a better sense of where you are in the move and where the best spots are, and what you expect to see there. Your on the right track though.

Second, the market just opened, volume is usually very low. Looking for a low volume signal at that time…you can be fooled. On the other hand if you have unusually high volume at that time you might take that as a sign.

Third…always look left, look at what you’re selling into. The 5 min shows Fridays low hitting some demand. If I was going to sell into that I would need to see much higher supply coming in first…ie re-distribution buy climax at fib etc.

I dont get how you asked that question after your first one. How could you even know what a ND is? You should check out the School section on this site. LOL PPFX, get outta here! :wink:

For the record, I did catch the bounce and the short too. Loving it. :slight_smile: …showing you it’s [I]possible[/I] to foresee swings like this. Matters what you do not what I do.

Hey Pete! Thanks for answering me!

The thing is that I have recently found out about this type of methodology and it is a mess in my head when it comes to terminology. I agree about the precision of the entry, but still, there are so many questions in my head. I’ll be asking more, don’t worry I’ll get it clear :wink:

Cheers ;):41:

Would you consider the bar I pointed out as confirmation? The bar spread was larger than the previous bar and the volume was lower than the last two bars. I was looking for something that resembles more like pin like bar for confirmation that didn’t show up for the next 23 bars.
It did follow the retrace and break down pattern in all the examples you showed in the 1500 thread.
Thanks for sharing BTW.

Yes, I shorted on the close below that ND. Ideally you want a smaller candle with a decent pin, you’re right. Assessing the probability of this short…it was a minor imperfection in an otherwise perfect setup. The 1hr/5min climax at fib etc. also notice the head and shoulders entry I’ve been talking about is at the ND… ha nice

Thank you Pete. I like the story telling you do on the charts. The videos were very helpful and make complete sense but when I look at other charts I do not see it on my own. Hopefully time will teach me that as well. So here is another chart on AUDUSD, Can you help or narrate the story on this PA? The spike I pointed out seems to have happened way after the RBA Gov speech. Is this one of those one off things we can’t predict?

A/U had a nice short setup off that high. 1hr climax/fake break, looking nice on the 15min with the fake break/climax.
5 min had the first level of support break (AR) then tested on that first ND you pointed out for entry on the close below…text book stuff shown over and over. It will sink in as you keep studying.

I checked two other brokers and that spike isn’t there lol. If that went on on the IBFX live accounts there is going to be hell to pay.

Time for the Debate…hey, it’s entertainment. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah… Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked FXCM and FXDD and that spike isn’t there.

About the debate nothing like the first and second. Today was not as entertaining.

EURJYP - confluence at Fib with VSA.

i think i am going to join you guys hmmmmmmm…still thinking .

Don’t hurt yourself. :slight_smile:

A reasonable trade. I notice your exit point was also a previous support turn resistance…so we could say there was confluence that the up move lost probability of continuing from there…so nice exit.

I shorted e/u off the Aisa retrace earlier/weakness in the background…went to bed and woke up to my TP at support hit and watching this down move continue. Too late to short, too soon to buy at that point. The market is in a great state lately.

Ah I see what you did with e/u now. Can you please share with us the confluences, how you figured Asia retrace will end as the volume was not there during Asia. Today morning I noticed a retrace from your TP :slight_smile:
Can you clarify that the shakeout I marked was actually a shakeout and not a bottom?

OK, I’m only posting this since you asked. It’s a “don’t try this at home kids” sorta trade. I like to show the highest probability, “safer” trades in here but I’m sure you can see the reasoning.

I left just enough room on the stop loss for a fake break of resistance…with all the volume at the buy climax/supply I was confident that it couldn’t get past that point.

There were very little signs of demand as far as what I was selling into…the imbalance was there. But again, stick to the safe ones and perhaps get more creative when you have the experience.

It screams ‘move on kids the pro is here’. That’s excellent. As of now I will stick to VSA and Fibs.
Attached is a trade I took today morning. I waited quite a bit for NS to show up and then took the trade hoping to catch the FIB 61.8/50 on the retrace but after seeing how slowly it was moving to the side I just got out at BE with 7 pips. The one thing i realized looking at your trade and mine, I am going against the trend and momentum. That’s a lesson for today to look for trade with the trend. I am attaching the chart E/CAD, it might still go and test the fib levels but I wasn’t confident after seeing bearish bars with volume. … :slight_smile:

OH BTW Thanks for sharing.

Trend is your friend until volume climax, then it will betray you, so betray it first. That’s turning out be be a saying of mine. Plus after 5 waves it may start acting shady…calling your girlfriend and what not.

My projection as of now.

Symmetry- Next retrace and down move are the same size as the last.

Wave count - 5 waves down then retracement

Predictive trendlines/channel

Previous support = resistance, aligned with fib zones

Volume - Stopping volume at Tuesdays low is supporting the corrective up wave now due.

4hr