Trading discussion

Wondered how I can test my strategy bar by bar (4H) tick by tick (1H). No results found (regarding testing possibilities).

Maybe AUDUSD would start selling from this point. Sure, you never know but looks quite exhausted.

It was a buy safe haven day since last night. I felt the charts visibly showed this among the pairs. CAD,AUD, NZD weakened supremely and yen, franc, euro and dollar went up. Nursing this long on USD/CAD and see if it can go a tad bit higher and close out with profit.

it did after, but i would have been stopped out if i wouldn t have seen that buying coming in, plus i had a nice setup on AJ so i had to close UJ, can t sell and buy the same currency in 2 tradesā€¦i mean i can but it s stupidā€¦
as for testing, use forex testers that give u a free trial, or go to daily chart in trading view and replay bar by bar.
i dunno about aussie yet, might just be a 4hr pullback and continue up, but for now buying is out of the question for me since there s weakness were i d look to go longā€¦refering to 1hr chart.

Oh yeas, Iā€™m expecting a rise for USDCAD. Currently expecting a furtherā€¦ This move is beautifully.

Knowing AUDUSD I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see this thing continuing the uptrend, making another tentacle on D1ā€¦

Yes I do too but I rather not hold any positions over the weekend just incase someone happens to drop some type of positive news. The good old juke as they would say.

1 Like

nice, it s a 4hr range, so u might be lucky and get some more pips out of that.
i was looking at it 2, but didn t set up properly at support, no signs of buying comin in, no candle pattern atleastā€¦something, i ll wait fr a pullback to target the high of the range if it does pull back. so far there s a small sign of weakness right now on 1hr chart, could signal a pullback is comin, maybe on monday, since monday and tuesday ussually markets make the low or high of the week if trending.

i ussually look for the buying to come in from the lowest point, buying into new low ground, but it came after away from that support close to that 4hr trendline on news, and from there just went. had i bought there, was near resist and my stop would have to be largeā€¦so i passed.

1 Like

Oh I see, I took the buy yesterday when we were at 1.39 and 1.38500. I took those positions when I saw the 1.38500 support just wasnā€™t cracking. Kind of like earlier 1.40100 region wasnā€™t cracking before this pair shot up towards the 1.41 land. Definitely could hold these positions as I feel theyā€™ll probably be excellent for next week but I rather free up some space and just get in again.

1 Like

What do you thing guys about EURGBP? I had plenty of good sells (demo), still tend to be bearish, although today looks exhausted.

now if UC would ve done what EB has done i d be in that buy.
beautiful setup with buying at support on the down andle, highest vol of the day, bullish reaction, then the low vol test(No supply) and buy entry at close above the no supply. sadly i don t look at eurgpn anymore lol, having 2 many pairs to look at make me miss sme nice setupsā€¦

If you bought from 1.39 simply close them. You caught a good chunk of move. Even if it continues its rise you caught a lot anyway I mean itā€™s around 150 pips. What do you need more? Make your decision carefully it s just an opinion

Definitely could come in again but I happened to do it last week and the pair shot up at the last 2-3 hours. So even if it doesnā€™t do the same thing and itā€™s confined to the upper 1.40 - 1.41 at 4:30 Iā€™ll close the position regardless of where itā€™s at.

sold EJ, 1hr double top, checked 15 and 5m, weakness at the highs, nice setup. split 1 lot into 2 positions, first half at 1 to 1, then move stop at BE and let the last half runā€¦but price it s just toying with my tp1 lolā€¦it s fridayā€¦volatility is goneā€¦but was a good week overall.

dude, bank the profit on UC, it s friday most are closing out positions, fridays and mondays are retracement days. atleast put something in the bank to take the edge off, it s a shame to give back.

The move is still intact and strong. My take profit was at the 1.40 range so Iā€™m way up now even if I give back a few dollars itā€™ll be the best trade this week for me with 4 positions.

1 Like

i understand, was just saying that the odds of makin new highs vs retracing are slim

Yeah youā€™re right Iā€™m not even looking for a new high to be honest. I just have a gut feeling that itā€™ll try to ride up quick at the end. Obviously I can be totally wrong and Iā€™m willing to accept that as well. Either who Iā€™ll lock in some type of profit regardless.

usually if a level of support or resistance is strong, price will reject as soon as it touches it or max few candles, as there will be limit orders placed there. when it just sits there and keeps on banging that level, that is ussually a breakout setup. all this without using volumeā€¦ i m sayin this cos i dunno how u decided to buy UC at support, what s ur criteria, or if ur just buying or selling when price gets to a level. for me, i need some confirmation in price action, volumeā€¦something.

Hey mate actually it was something that happened last week on the the D chart the area hit the 1.38500 region and totally rejected it and came back close to 1.42. Literally the same characteristics happened again when it touched that support once again yesterday. As soon as it hit 1.38500 region price was stagnant on going lower and it started to buck a trend. Meanwhile the UC even on the weekly chart is still bullish and has respected the 1.38064 support as long as it hasnā€™t broke through I expect it to remain in this range. Hope this better explained why I took this trade also Iā€™ve literally only traded this one pair this year so far.

Screenshot_20200502-090314|281x500