Trading Forex in the US (and on a Mac)

Hi all -

I am a relatively new trader, based in the U.S. I am currently using Oanda as a broker.

I have a few quick questions for U.S. & Mac traders:

• Does the 50:1 leverage cap put U.S. traders at a disadvantage?

• Has anyone had success using MT4 through an emulator? (I have a Mac, not a PC) What are my other options?

• Does anyone in the U.S. have a successful social trading platform? I know MT4 allows it, but I want to make sure it is worth the trouble of installing an emulator (again, I am on a Mac) For instance, I saw you cannot access the MT4 marketplace when using an emulator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Garrigues,

You may find this earlier thread helpful where we discuss the negative correlation between leverage and profitability. How much is the minimum capital to invest?

We offer a web version of MT4. Ask your broker if they have something similar. Alternatively, consider running MT4 on a virtual private server (VPS). There is normally a monthly subscription fee for VPS access, but FOREX.com waives this fee for clients with an account balance of $5000 who trade at least 10 mini lots per month or the equivalent. Your broker might offer a similar deal.

1 Like