Trading FX for a living - my strategy

And how do you know whether his graphs are false or they are on level?

I don’t know this guy, he registered here today, another active poster in this thread (silentcoast) registered here in September, but they seem to know each other pretty well.

A smart salesman would never start selling immediately. Right now it looks like he is working on it.

I never “jumped” on him. My “jumping” on people is spectacular, you’ll recognize it when you see it.

I still want him to answer a very simple question:

Do you remember David Jefferson (aka Rave55)?

Don’t hold your breath, maybe I’ll “jump”, maybe I won’t! :21:

See? That’s why I’m trying to say what I think BEFORE I’m banned from the thread!

James banned me from his thread “Profitable Trading. Period”, so right now I know what I’m doing LOL!

OK, we’ll see! I think he’s going to pitch a sell in a couple of weeks LOL!

Yes, the guy was something else! :32:

Yes, that was the first thing that caught my attention.

It seems your statement is in contradictory. You are saying you are trading for a living since 5 years. And why you are still testing this in demo?

Hi Mike,

there is no need to complicate the definitions. You look at your screen and your trading timeframe. If the price is raising and consists of highier highs and highier lows thats an uptrend. And the opposite for a downtrend.

A range market is defined when price makes about 4 swings but fails to make highier high or lower low.

I used to use only one indicator (top trend) which would help me visualize the trend better but now i dont use it any more.

I dont see any difference between live and demo account on a stable large broker. Spreads are the same on live and i guess there is not much slippage.

Why four swings?

Ok maybe i should explain more about this. I am primarly a news trader. News trader makes money by having fast execution software, broker with delayed execution and balls to go maximum lot size into a trade. Thats all :slight_smile:
If you havent heard about news trading and taking advantage of broker delays you can read about it on FPA forum and some blogs which are done by news traders. For that you dont need indicators or price action. Only good broker and some luck.
Apart from that i traded some penny stocks and options.
There are many ways to make money with options. I was mostly straddling stock indexes and currencies during news time. Sometimes with real options and sometimes with binary options as they failed to calculate the correct implied volatility into their formula so that can be taken advantage of.

You are being negative for no good reason. I just explained my point of view. Maybe it sounds like from a book but thats becouse i read alot of books about price action and i just sum up the best of it.

I created this thread mostly to keep myself motivated to achieve the goal and not for any other reason. It is not my intention to post each single trade as that distracts me from trading…but if people want i will post a few and document them.

Because 3 swings can indicate only a complex pullback. 4 swings define a range market.

This is an example of it. Range starts at number 4 when market fails to make highier high or lower low.

On average i actually take 2 or 3 trades per day on EU.

The graphs are correct indeed but the number of trades is misleading a bit.

Sometimes i split the trade in two parts so there are 2 instead of 1. And sometimes i take trade with minimal position (in case the setup is not good enough but i still want to find out how the trade would play out if i took it. So i go into a trade but dont risk much money).

The only thing that matters at the end is amount of profit being larger then losses while not having large drawdowns.

p.s. Actually the graphs are not entirely correct. The profit curve should look much more steeper as all the pending orders which were canceled are also calculated in there. So despite this being 80 trade curve it appears as its been made from 200+ trades. :slight_smile:

doctor3, where do you live?

It is getting more and more interesting, I think I’ll get some popcorn.

You said you traded news for 5 years. Are you trying to say there is not much slippage during the news?!

Yes, I REALLY want to see LIVE trades!

I wish the price would always behave itself exactly like the PA textbook says, but it doesn’t work this way in reality, does it?

And you basically agree with what I said when you say:

The problem is that during the first three swings you don’t have any idea about how the fourth swing will work out, so it can go either way, and three swings - it’s a lot of time!

1. currently in Europe…why do you ask?

2. difference between real and demo is minimal on good broker. It is certainly not a reason to stop trading. Instead of popcorn better give some arguments. Im just saying “even if there is little slippage that wont stop me from trading. If broker is bad it needs to be changed.” I traded on more then 50 brokers and tested over 150 in total…and some of them have always perfect execution while trading with limit orders.

3. Comparing news trading during volatile times and classical technical trading is funny. Offcourse there is alot of slippage. On those brokers that give you slippage you cannot trade news. But you can trade it on certain bucket shop brokers that are exploitable as they make their own quotes with laggy java software.

4. Sure no problem. If the goal is reached ill post whole trade record here for everyone to see. I dont need to hide it.
    About live trades ill post a few of them but certainly not all. Dont have time for that.