Trading FX for a living - my strategy

1. Offcourse price action doesnt always behave as it should. Thats logical otherwise everyone would be a millionare, right?
    All that price action setups need to do is behave in correct way more then 55% of the time. If you can achieve that you are on good way. Traders need to think in terms of probabilites and not in certainties. NOTHING is certain in forex. This is indeed the hardest thing to overcome and learn to accept losses. I speak for myself here but i guess many others face same problem while learning. I try to overcome this by making my trading more automatic with fixed rules and less discretionary.

2. What excatly is the problem here? We are not trying to predict the 4th swing. You dont need to have an idea of 4th swing. When it happens it happens…and thats when range market is defined. Before that it is not a range market.

Sure give me your skype and i will add you. Im not really fan of EAs but we can discuss some ideas.

[B]How many higher highs do you want to see before you decide that it is an uptrend?[/B]

The problem here is that you can’t trade like you say in your first post you trade, like “When there is the uptrend I do this, when there is the downtrend I do this, when there is the range I do that”. You just can’t!

When you look at the history everything looks nice, exactly according to the PA textbook. But when you trade a real account in realtime, IF you use all these PA definitions - THEN you see the trend when it is in the middle or even close to the end, and you see the range in the middle or even close to the end.

Really? And what about the spreads, swaps, commisions and slippage? Don’t you think in this case your “55%” would be much closer to 50%, which is like flipping the coin?

Europe is big. Germany or Great Britain is one thing, Romania or Ukraine is another thing.

You can’t answer even this innocent question? What country are you from?

so true :20:

lol , I am thinking of Inspector Parker :33:

WOW! I’m speechless! I really am!

Yes, I’m very good at this LOL!

You are asking irrelevant questions. If you can explain to me how is this relevant to the thread then i will answer you.

So demo accounts DONT count spreads, swaps and commisions?? When did you start trading? Few months ago?

How hard can this be? No need to complicate things.

What in the world are you talking about? It has nothing to do with demo or real account! You said you want PA behave itself according to the textbook at least 55%, I explained that spreads, swaps, commisions and slippage will decrease your 55% result to 50% result. Once again: what in the world it has to do with demo? Do you read English or you use some Google translator?

I trade FOREX four and a half years. If I were you, who started learning Price Action several months ago, I wouldh’t ask this kind of questions.

No, please tell us, how many higher highs do you want to see before you decide that it is an uptrend? You show the history, I’m talking about the live trading!

You said for range you want 4 swings. That’s cool! Why don’t you tell us that for an uptrend you want, for example, 4 higher highs? And we all would know, how you define the uptrend (and the downtrend)!

This question is not irrelevant. Because of the way you answer the questions I’m under the impression that you don’t read English and use some kind of an online translator.

So please tell what country are you from.

I’m sorry, now I see that you said “Usually just 1 or 2.”

So, with just one higher high or two higher highs you define the uptrend? Am I right?

I put an example of 55% (which offcourse includes commissions, spreads and all that). If you have problem understanding that …then think of 60%…so when 5% is eaten away 55% is left.

Thats correct.

You said you trade M5 EURUSD and you even showed some graphs. How come that in your examples you don’t show M5 EURUSD, on the contrary you show something you got from your PA textbook, some stock on M15? Don’t you have a whole bunch of the fresh M5 EURUSD samples?

I say spoken you already. I will answer question you tell me how when tomorow are that relevant threat trading price action. translated by google translate

That’s a good one! That’s the best one ever! “If you don’t like 55%, then think 60%!”

doctor3, I’m not a mindreader, if you say you’re happy with 55%, then I read and understand that you’re happy with 55%. If you change your 55% to another figure in a minute, that means that everything you said before is just blah-blah-blah!

That could just mean that your online translator is much better than the Google translator.

So, as far as I understand, you’re so ashamed of your country, that you don’t even want to say where are you from. Not very nice.

It’s nice chart. I also had a pretty chart, but the average winning trades are only 2 or 3 times a week. Pivot+Ichimoku.

Lol :slight_smile:

That’s cool! Now we know that you define range with 4 swings and you define uptrend with 1 or 2 higher highs.

Next question: how do you decide whether just 1 higher high is enough or you have to wait for the second higher high?

That’s cool! But why don’t you show us on this picture all the higher highs and lower lows like your textbook picture showed?

Then we would see how your 1-2 higher high definition works!

Just put your demo account on myfxbook.com, and prove that what you say is the truth and works. This will take you less than 5 min, and will save us more than 300 posts about if you are liar or you are not.
thx

Haha thats a good one. Keep them coming. More more :slight_smile: I dont know if your point is trolling, seeking attention or just trying to get banned? Let me tell you…you aint getting any of that. In fact i will add you as a friend. :slight_smile:

Offcourse you are not. You are someone who doesnt understand simple logic. 55% was refering to probabilistic nature of forex. If you can achieve more profits then losses in long term profits will compound and equity will grow. Spreads and commissions are included in that and if you think they are not then dont assume they represent 5%. Maybe they represent only 1%. It all depends on which time frame is being used and many other things.

doctor3, it was fun, but now I have to go.

I’ll be back tomorrow, and I hope I’ll see your LIVE trades.

And because I’m not sure you read English I have to explain it in details:

Live trade - it is when you open a trade and at the same minute post the picture in this thread, showing your enter. Not several hours later, not at the end of day, but AT THE SAME MINUTE, OK? And you show your exit at the same minute you exited too. And of course, you have to show on the pictures higher highs and lower lows exactly like your textbook sample shows.

About “understanding simple logic” we’ll talk tomorrow. I promise it’s gonna be fun!

Yes, it’s gonna be A LOT OF FUN!