Trading FX for a living - my strategy

You got a point there but i see M1, M5 and M15 all the same rapresenation of the price as i only trade during volatile hours. It just depends on the zoom. Even on M1 if you zoom out to the max you can see last 24 hours of trading which is more then you need. I only use M15 and H1, H4 sometimes to see bigger picture S/R lines.

You said price action works for you. How long have you been trading? Which setups do you usually take and on which TF?

Im long EU now…

Take profit hit. Overall very good trading day today.

Hi doktor3,

Can you explain your reason for entering where you did? From the chart snippet you posted, I see an uptrend with HH and HL, so going long makes sense. It just seems like where your entry is, you were chasing price and entered in the middle of the move instead of on a pullback like your strategy in your opening post calls for. Basically what I’m asking is, why did you enter at around 1.2951 instead of closer to 1.2940(ish) when price pulled back to there?

Because 50 is a round number. One of the rules is never to enter long just under a round number and never short just above it. I forgot to mention that.

Any price action books you can recommend?

1. Price Action Trader - Lance Beggs
  2. Forex Price Action Scalping: an in-depth look into the field of professional scalping
    Bob Volman
  3. Naked Forex: High-Probability Techniques for Trading Without Indicators
    Alex Nekritin

but i beleive there are many more good ones…

and for psyhology i liked most the book Trading in the zone

Current update…

…maybe ill take 1 or 2 more trades tomorow but not sure. Its friday and i dont like trading on fridays due to lower volatility.

Could you provide the link to your myfxbook account?

[B]WEEK 4 [/B]

I can give you on private if you really want. But for public it will be available when i reach 200k.

Anyway i can make screenshot for now

Why can’t you make it public?? at MFB you can set some privacy rules…

From your initial post I inferred that you do not mind to show your trades…

200k ?? That’s some serious money there. Good luck mate. Hope to see your MyFx link soon.

Because 2 weeks of trading prior to 28 september on this account do not belong to this strategy so it gives false rapresentationand and a bit worse statistics.
It doesnt change much overall but i would like to have clean report since i reset the account back to 100k. Thats why i prefer the log from mt4.

Anyway if you want to follow you can look here…i made it public now.
https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/doktor3/409328

Lol its demo account :slight_smile:
You go link here Error | Myfxbook

Is the thread dead? Already?

Well, it was fast! :stuck_out_tongue:

doctor3, could you explain these numbers?

Gain:-96.02%

Daily: -3.23%
Monthly: -62.38%
Drawdown: 100.00%

doktor3 System | Myfxbook

Damn fast. How can that happen, right? :slight_smile:

It must be some mistake in their calculation. As you can clearly see i started this account with 100k and now there is 148k.

Abs. Gain: +45.52%
Profit: $46360.88
Balance: $148203.08

So why don’t you open a new one, without a miscalculation mistake, and give us all a LIVE link???
Or do we have to wait until it hits 200k??? :wink: