Trading Gold. Buy and Hold strategy

How much will gold price rise by 2030?
I think it will be more than doubled.
So we can identify the possible lowest point and invest money to it.
What do you think?

Who are you?

Yes, I think it will double too.

Hi Paul,

If you think gold will double by 2030, is that based on its numerical value compared with the USD? If it doubles in seven years that is 10% per year compounded, and that doesn’t look as sexy as “doubling”. There is a flaw in your question and that is you are comparing apples and lemons (the USD being the lemon if you pardon my pun).

I wish to reply by comparing apples with apples. You see, the USD (or EUR, GBP, JPY etc) are CURRENCIES and are not the same as MONEY. Gold is money. Bitcoin is money. So one ounce of gold is currently worth about 0.066 Bitcoin. My prediction is that gold will be somewhat similar to 0.066 Bitcoin by 2030.

The moral of my reply is that it is easy to think that investing in this or that will be worth more in the future. In fact, the primary objective of wealth management is to learn how to NOT LOSE money. In this respect, it is why so many HNW or IUHNW individuals invest in a diversity of assets which includes precious metals, bonds, stocks, hedge funds, etc. It is because they wish to preserve the purchasing power of their wealth.

Sorry for the long answer, but I have been investing in gold for over 35 years, and do not regret that decision, have never regretted it, and will never regret it. :slight_smile:

Hilarious. :t_rex:

… and the professor has spoken.

Absolute violation :joy:
But seriously, not sure if it get doubled, but investing long term on gold seems to be a good idea.

Sat near all time highs after 3 major economic events in the last 3 years and you think it’ll double from here in 7 years? Why?

Look back to 2008 and what happened in the next 10 years. Gold rose to all time highs and then dropped back down once the economy got back to normal.

I predict about 1500 in 2030 unless another major event comes along.

@Maggew @charlotte_daily random guy joined to the forum, talk about gold price, without ANY research about it, and I am this “bad guy”, thank you for your opinions :slight_smile: I am curious, how much cash you will put behind that kind of ideas “I think”.

C’mon @ProfesorPips
I just laughed at the way you said “who are you”, didn’t mean to hurt you.

Trading gold is really risky and it is influenced by a variety of factors. It is necessary to learn and adapt your trading strategies based on market conditions and your own experience.

Gold trading is risky but after a period of following the market can be profitable.

This depends purely on the rate of growth of Money supply (M2) relative to growth of gold output. If you expect some deep crisis which will be cured by monetary stimulus (lower interest rates), then yes your bullish bet on gold will eventually be profitable.

I like how Paul started this gold discussion only to never be heard from ever again :joy:

1 Like