Trading journal of a discretionary newbie trader

Total trading experience: 3 months more or less

After 3 margin calls and one account gone it is time to try to trade seriously. This will be my journal. My goal will be not to move stops, not to take any other margin call and to make at least 50£ each 4 weeks period.

I will trade only USD/JPY or almost. Starting balance 250£. Possibility to refund it. Positions of 10.000 units. SL between 5-15pips.

I am a discretionary trader and also a momentus trader. My trading will be based mainly on sentiment and fundamental analysis. But I also try to look and consider the technical analysis.

Don’t open or keep open positions during the night and over the weekend.

More to come, good luck to me and good trading to everyone!

Disclaimer: This is a trade journal of a newbie trader. Do not take/copy any trades and/or ideas. Any news, opinions or other information does not constitute investment or trading advice. Thanks!

I will analyze this pair considering 3 daily segments (Asian, Europe and America) and how each of them is behaving lately. And also taking into consideration the coming news.

We are almost done for the week. The bias is up. Not important news left. I believe we could reach 101-101.50 for the end of the week even if there is the danger of some profit taking (maybe even heavy!). So be careful!

Asian session is been up most of the days. The Nikkei has been resuming the uptrend. I believe there are good possibilities (70%) that we will go up again. I will keep my long position open with a SL at 100.40. If it gets hit I will maybe reopen a position in the night.

Europe session is been up most of the days. They could take some profits. See the moments at the start of the session.

The New York session has seen strong profit taking most of the time even if mixed with strong buying. To see the moments and decide.

Stop Hit. New Yorkers are taking some profits!

Balance 252.22

I will decide after the New York session if to open or not a new buy position hoping for more taking profit in the last hour.

Why have you decided to focus primarily on usdjpy?

Long story! :slight_smile: Now It is time to sleep here.

I will tell you tomorrow if you don’t mind! :slight_smile:

Ha… Ok

Long story short let’s say love at first sight.

And coz it is pretty much active in all the 3 sections of the days.

Lost 2 long trades in the night. Seems like strong take profits and sellings before the weekend political risk.

Balance: 235£

Open a long at 100.08

New rules: don’t open or keep open position in the night and over the weekend

Unfortunately I tend to over trade and revenge. Have to fight with it. Not with the market!

Btw, at the moment I am still waiting to receive the last 200£ I deposited so the account is only 35£. This means I am opening pretty small positions.

Fortunately I would add! :slight_smile:

Stopped!

Balance: 233£

Feel like today it is a taking profit day. Let’s see what will happen in Europe and NY.

Open a short at 99.92 SL 100.05

I think I am on tilt so after this I think I better stop till Monday!

Stopped out and I reversed again with a long position.

What a shame of a trader! hahaha :slight_smile:

Long at 100.09 ST 99.85

I think my over trading is coz I am afraid to lose an opportunities and regret about it.

I have to learn to cope with it.

Be a snaiper not a kamikaze!

Probabily it will be a ranging day playing around some options. Maybe around the 100 level. Hopefully I am wrong!

Let’s see what the European traders think about it!

European traders have been pushing the pair up in the morning. We saw also some take profits before New York open.

Seems like we will be around level 100.50 for the 10am NY time when options will expire.

At the moment traders are pushing the pair higher.

After 10am NY time who know what will happen? Not me!

Maybe we will touch the daily high and than some take profit? Or maybe we will touch the weekly high and than some take profits? Or maybe take profits right away to the daily low? Or maybe just stand still with everybody relaxing before the weekend?

I vote for the first but than I don’t get right that often! :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Position still open.

Just a question, why don’t you keep and stay with your trading plan concerning “Open or Keep position over night” ?
Then I see a few post later that you actually didn’t follow your strategies and place position during night session !
Wouldn’t be more profitable to follow your rules ?

Well you are right however I added that rule after tonight! But it was suppose to be there anyway!

Thanks for posting and to keep me straight! :slight_smile:

Seems like they are pushing down. We are half way from 100 and 100.50 with some resistence around 100.25/20

No worries I am just checking cause i gonna start a trading plan soon as well.
also, I am a newb, but are we not Friday afternoon (GMT +1) would n’t be wiser to keep away from trading today ?

Not necessary. Well I have just a small posiition open with a SL at break even and I will cose it for sure before 5PM NY time.

Position closed: +3£

Balance: 234$

From now on I will start opening 10000 units position. Probabily from Monday!