Trading journal

its over 1kkk to read , well i look forward to next post what this all about :laughing:

1 Like

@polskiwarzenker Thanks!

I practiced another chart and as a challenge I started the chart during its “random walk in the park” phase. It’s a bear trend.

I’ve been talking about patience, sitting on the sideline, and waiting a long time for a valid entry signal. Right?

So, there’s a difference between a bearish signal, and bearish activity. Same for bullish.

Price action that SUGGESTS bearish activity, is NOT a signal. But it’s tempting to trade. You could be right, but it’s not favourable.

Well, I saw such bearish activity and I thought I should try to take a chance and make some money. Another voice said, “no, wait for a signal”. I was stuck.

I decided to be more aggressive and take the trade.
homer tells angel to cerra el orto

So, I did, and I ended up taking two losses. Then, after the two losses, a CLEAR signal appeared. I traded the signal, and price started moving in my direction.

All I had to do was wait. Wait, wait, wait.

If I had resisted the temptation, I could have take just one trade and had no losses.

Oh man. I think I just realized a big part of my problem. It’s patience. That’s what it is!

I don’t know if addiction is the word, but when you have trouble stopping something it’s sort of like an addiction.

Some addictions are constructive. But not this one. I have an addiction to compulsive trading.

Oh man. This is both good news and bad news. Good news because I identified a problem. Bad news because breaking addictions is tough work.

i have this problem too before , but i find reading a book fix my addiction to trade , idk if it will work for you but try it…

1 Like

believe it or not well everyone experience the same whims just like you …

1 Like

That particular trade, the idea of patience, and the notion of compulsive trading addiction was bouncing around my coconut while going to sleep.

My strategy allows me to jump on trends despite there being no signal because the retracements often have no signal. Also, my strategy allows the SL to get hit 4x.

Those types of retracement trades could be very profitable for me. But the problem is that they’re confusing and scary. You feel like you’re taking a stab in the dark. It’s not wild trading, but it feels like it.

You don’t know if there will be a signal or not.

Perhaps being open to this type of trading also allows me to take trades that I shouldn’t be taking.

In my brain, maybe I’m using this idea to justify compulsive trades. I just know that I have to change something. The way I’m trading is ruining me. I have had some improvements, but I’ve missed out on some beautiful, easy trades; all for the wrong reasons.

I’ve read Disciplined Trader. I revisit it occasionally. Perhaps I should visit it again?

1 Like

i find the more you tried to be disciplined the more you become undisiciplined it just the same philosophy , more rule the more you want to break them , so i stop reading all this kinda book about disciplined :poop: ahaha , what i read is rich dad , how to invest in market stock etc everything related how to trade , in these book i find many intresting , and somehow it really teach me how to think like what trader should be like… many successfull trader write about their journey but we too lazy to read them … :laughing:

1 Like

What’s really hurting my trading is the random walk in the park phase. The random walk hypnotizes me and makes me forget which direction I’m trying to catch the trend.

I’m practicing a chart, and I keep messing it up. This is the fourth time I’m trading it over the past two days.

I just finished it, and I finally got it right. The funny part is that this trade required patience during the random walk phase, but aggressive trading during the S/R bounce phase.

idk if this really help but everytime price come to your near S&R level always look for divergence signal because it is the strongest signal you can rely on , there a few type divergence i believe babypips here have some lesson for us to learn … it tells you either price will continue rally or drop depends sometime it will go agaisnt you … i used to use cent account when i first start my trading , demo is good but it doesnt teach you disciplined at all but cent account might give you a taste what disciplined do…when you ready you can always change your account type back… :grin:

1 Like

Yeah thanks! I actually had a live account and I lost over 30% of my money. I decided to go back to demo, to preserve my funds. Demo hurts just like live trading! haha

I’m paying more attention to that. Sometimes the signs are unexpected! But you’re right. S/R is just suggestive, not an exact price. Well, not always.

I like the idea of jumping in on a trend when it retraces. Trading pullbacks can be super tricky for me and my strategy. I have to think to myself if I abuse this idea to justify emotional trades.

I’m looking at some charts now, and I see some moves that just simply aren’t tradeable for me. I HAVE to come to terms with that. I have to start accepting that it’s better to sit out moves, no matter how big, if my strategy does not deem them tradeable.

I’m getting frustrated with myself. I’ve had trouble drawing some S/R zones. Ok, price has hit some support.

Is it just retracing reversing? If I see a bullish signal at support, but just a few days after is showing a bearish signal, do I hold or reverse position?

How do I tell which is valid for my strategy? That’s the rub.

I’m examining some charts now. I’d like to try to find some clues.

On AUD/SGD, I found a trend that during 4 months, there were 8 total trades. One of which required getting stopped out 3x, but still got stopped out.

So, it’s a total of 7 losses, two trades had some profit. After 3.5 months there was just ONE signal that turned into an actual trend. That’s a long time to wait.

However 7 losses during 4 months is not such a big deal. That’s reasonable. I’ve had more losses than that in a two-week period, for just one pair!

I have to collect more samples before coming to any conclusions, but this chart reminded me of two things:

I have to be more patient for the right signal.
A signal is a likelihood, not a certainty.

I saw yet another trade that confused me so much. I was frustrated and confused about its direction. It was bothering me so much.

Bearish? Bullish? Long? Short? Stopped out. Stopped out. Switched position Stopped out. What should I do? How is it possible to understand this?

Had I followed my strategy, I would have profited beautifully.

Trusting emotions over strategy?

Guilty.
you-definitely-guilty-for-sure

try using this Pivot Point Calculator - BabyPips.com , also u can combine with line chart for find your snr …

1 Like

bullish divergence signal at support but the price is still in bearish momentum, well maybe the price may go further but may with limited move , or it will go as it is …

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m actually not using any indicators. I prefer naked charts. I used to use indicators, but I’ve developed my strategy by trial and error, and I stripped away all indicators. I have nothing against them, they’re just not for me.

Right. That’s why I am taking some time now to practice that…just drawing S/R and examining the chart to see what those zones mean.

I saw a signal yesterday. Price bounced my TL perfectly! I took the signal. Part of my brain was so sure, that part of me was ready to bet the farm.

But instead I decided to increase my risk SLIGHTLY. I increased my risk by 10%. That’s it. I’ve learned that you NEVER know what price will do.

Today, price is possibly retesting my entry. I’m glad I didn’t throw money at this trade.

Being profitable in trading isn’t about one big trade. It’s about consistently taking good trades again and again.

I just finished my trading. It was pretty fast. I like it. My margin is tied up in trades, so there’s no room for more trades at the moment.

I took a break and took a cold shower. Three minutes each time. My second one this week. The first time, part of me was terrified, for some reason. I still don’t understand what part of me that was.

For a little while I use to shout during the cold shower. I would yell out positive messages to myself. But in that approach, I was resisting the cold water. This is good for me because it helps me with confrontation.

I decided to try something else. Two days ago I stopped yelling and was just silent.

Today, I focused on my breathing and it felt more comfortable.

Now is the perfect time for me to do the cold showers because it’s winter here.

Doing this during the summer isn’t the same because the water just doesn’t get as cold.

I found a AUD/JPY trade, and there was a major bullish reversal with a HUGE green candle! $$$

But there was NO entry signal for me. Unfortunately, this strategy is not 100%. And there’s no way to make it 100%.

If I were to try to make it 100%, I’d have to bend my rules. Bending rules doesn’t work long-term. Bending rules for one trade, will cost you entry in another trade.

I have to accept the fact that my strategy simply isn’t fit for some trades.

The reversal with no signal happened in February, there was a very tricky bullish entry signal in April that lasted until May. Then a short signal in mid May.

Overall, from February until May, there was nothing but false signals. The one bullish entry is not really a signal, if I’m being strict with my strategy.

Four months of false signals!! However, there would only be four losses during that period. That’s not good, but not so bad. Chasing trends and losing 4x each week is when my trading is spiraling out of control.

I had some trouble with the D1, so I took a look at W1, and I had a thought:

If I had a $1M account, and I wanted more free time, I could trade W1! haha

Wouldn’t that be nice? I don’t have to check on my trades until next week!!!