Trading Progress

EUR/USD 5min

Still no valid entry for EUR/USD. I thought it was forming a head and shoulders pattern.

Thanks @justshell. Iā€™ve been observing the whole week and canā€™t find good trades. Iā€™ll probably change things up a bit next week or Iā€™ll add more currency pairs to study. :slight_smile:

Good job on keeping the thread updated @CoinLady! :blush: I think it really helps motivate people to trade more with this sense of accountability. :smiley: At least thatā€™s what it has done for me. :sweat_smile: Haha. Anyway, keep it up! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @ria_rose! EUR/USDā€™s movement didnā€™t fit within the rules of 3 Ducks much of the whole week. So Iā€™m thinking of adding more currency pairs. Iā€™m also interested in harmonic trading. Thinking of doing that too hehe. But Iā€™ll probably start with adding more currency pairs to study.

1 Like

Nice work CL!

Buying or selling arenā€™t the only trading decisionsā€¦ not trading is a valid trading decision! I think Dr. Elder - Author: Welcome to My Trading Room - calls it ā€œstanding asideā€.

Study, study, study!!! I like to move a chart back a year or so and click through a candle at a time marking all my longā€™s and shorts, based on PA, with red or green vertical lines. Iā€™ve found this very helpful in my study of price action. I have never tried it with the 3 ducks strategy though.

Good luck!

FR&L

Tnanks @frandlost! :slight_smile: I was waiting for a good setup. Hopefully it happens this coming week. But Iā€™ll also be adding currency pairs to study.

Iā€™ll do your suggestion. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

I super agree with @frandlost. :smiley: I remember Manxx also told me the same thing! :slight_smile: Sometimes, itā€™s better to just stay in the sidelines and watch rather than to take a trade youā€™re really not sure about. :smiley: I know it gets a bit boring, having no open positions. :sweat_smile: But, at least, you have less things to worry about? :smiley: Haha.

2 Likes

I spend a lot of time standing aside. The majority of it. I think it helps to have some things that you can do while not on a trade, so you can still keep an eye on it and not obsess with staring at a chart the whole time. I find that if I have something to do, it helps keep me from jumping in and doing something silly just because Iā€™m bored with not being in the market.

You can study, play a game, practice music, whatever, as long as you can still keep an eye on your charts so you donā€™t miss the opportunity when it comes up.

1 Like

Youā€™re right! I think itā€™s best, for newbies at least, to focus on maybe just one or two pairs. If you can master trading those pairs with your strategy, then youā€™re set! There really isnā€™t a need to trade anything else in my opinion. The more pairs, the more risk

2 Likes

EUR/USD 4hr

EUR/USD 1hr

EUR/USD 5min

Still no trade for EUR/USD :expressionless:

EUR/USD

4hr

1hr

5min

Still no valid trade for EUR/USD.

Iā€™m thinking of using shorter time frames just like what @alphahavoc recommended. :disappointed_relieved:

donā€™t get discouraged, just keep on going and youā€™ll eventually figure out a nice strategy. Just remember to backtest the strategy as much as you can in order to determine itā€™s winning percentage. Iā€™ve heard a number of times that youā€™re strategy should have a winning percentage of over 60% or more. If anybody can chime in and add more detail in regards to this then that would be helpful! I had a string of losses yesterday, idk where my head was at, set no stop loss, emotions went crazy lol butttt I just gotta keep going forward and work on not making the same mistake

1 Like

Hey CL, what is the context you are looking for.

The Ever Inquisitive VIPER

4hr

1hr