Trading Progress

I usually use RSI (I find the RSI divergencies to be very useful signals) and Bollinger Bands, which is a good way to figure out trend and possible support and resistance levels.

Obviously there can always be a breakout, but I pay special attention to those support and resistance levels, especially when combined without various candle formations.

Last Monday I opened a long position at 112.85 because I was thinking that it was going to bounce off of the lower trendline. Well it did but then I put my SL too tight at 112.0 so I was stopped out. One thing I learned from this trade is to wait for price to bounce instead of going in while it’s still going down. Then I remembered something I learned from crypto trading before that going in while price is going down is like catching a falling knife. :sweat:

it’s good to place your sl a little below the previous support or a little above the previous resistance, stop losses can be tricky

Thanks @justshell. Yeah, I’m still having problems with placing the appropriate stop loss. I’ll keep your advice in mind for my next trade. :sweat:

I planned to enter again (on the candle where there’s a blue arrow pointing upwards) after I was stopped out. I thought that I’d enter after price has bounced off of the lower trendline. This is where I was able to use 3 Ducks. Using 3 Ducks I saw that for H4, H1, and M5, the ducks were lined up for a short. I didn’t take the trade but at least I didn’t make another mistake of going long because I was thinking that price would bounce.

I’m going to observe USDJPY further in the coming week together with EURUSD. Hopefully I get a good trade. :slight_smile:

As I’ve mentioned I’ll be observing and looking for trades for USDJPY and EURUSD. I was able to enter trades for both this week using 3 Ducks. Also, I checked the D1 charts for both to see if they are good trades to enter.

USDJPY

EURUSD

For USDJPY, I think I had problems on the psychological side after being burned when I entered while price was going down. This time I felt like I entered too late. I went long at 112.8 and set my TP at 113.2. I feel like I should have entered around 112.578-112.6.

H4

H1

M5

This was what I was seeing then as the next resistance for USDJPY that’s why I set my TP at 113.2.

Now I’m observing again and will be waiting for a new entry for USDJPY.

I didn’t enter any trade last week because of the US elections. But I continued to monitor EURUSD and USDJPY. Hopefully I get good trades this coming week. :slight_smile:

I entered a long position for EURAUD.

H4

H1

M5

I was also looking at the D1 chart and price has broken out of the descending channel.

I’m also observing the EURNZD charts.

H4

H1

M5

Also looking at USDJPY which I should have shorted using 3 Ducks.

H4

H1

M5

Should have shorted when it went below the area I’ve plotted. :sweat_smile: I’m waiting for it to reverse and bounce off the lower trendline of the ascending channel.

D1

Closed my EURAUD position with +39.7 pips. This is the problem when I have an open position, I stare at the M5 chart and don’t sleep. Then I get nervous with every small movement. :sweat_smile:

Long: 1.57194
TP: 1.57591

I remember doing that a lot when I first opened my account

“What if it reverses 5 minutes after I turn off the computer? I should stay up a bit longer just incase something happens”

then BAM, it’s 3am and the next day is spent in low sleep zombie mode

Exactly! :sweat_smile:

Me the whole time… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

lolz, just remember to blink

1 Like

Thanks @Nifa! Haha! I’m scared to blink. Something might happen in that millisecond. :joy: