Trading Progress

Posting the pairs I’m looking at for this week…

EURUSD using 3 Ducks is looking good for H4 and H1. Waiting for M5 to cross below the 60MA.

EURUSD H4

EURUSD H1

EURUSD M5

USDJPY

USD/JPY is looking good. 3 Ducks lined up for a long. Just looking for my entry. :sweat_smile:

H4

H1

M5

For EURUSD, I forgot I was waiting for M5 to cross the 60MA. I entered as soon as I saw it which was a bit late. I opened a short position at 1.13111. Then I thought it was going to reverse so I closed my trade prematurely at 1.12957. Seeing that it went below 1.127 is driving me nuts. :sob:

For my USDJPY trade, I opened a long position at 113.546. Still looking good so far but each time it retraces a bit I get nervous and want to close. :sweat_smile:

USDJPY H4

Just like now that price has crossed 114, I wanted to close my trade then wait for a retracement to enter again. :sweat:

if you plan on doing that then you might as well keep that original trade open lol do you move your SL’s?

1 Like

move your SL past break even, and that way you won’t be nervous because you’ll guarantee profit

1 Like

How has it worked for you lately? is it profitable?

1 Like

Staring at the charts makes me want to do something… anything… :sweat_smile: Yes I do but for this trade I feel like if I move it too tight I might get stopped out by a temporary move.

Ok, I’ll do that. Thanks for the input @justshell. Much appreciated! Moving my SL past break even to an area I see as support. :sweat_smile:

@jorgemontero So far, yes it is but I have to say that I haven’t opened as much trades as I would want to. Then I still have problems in setting my TP and SL. :sweat:

1 Like

I’m glad we are able to do that, I feel like there would be a lot less profitable traders if we couldn’t adjust SLs

1 Like

That is also my problem when I am trading. Have you tried doing back testing? Maybe it can give you an idea how much per average is a good SL and TP.

I can’t backtest the way I want to on TradingView,like I have to stay on one time frame to do my backtesting,every time I switch to another time frame it goes back to current -_-

I’m eyeing another quick breakthrough on the upside of 114 keeping it a small & skim trade just to test the bullish USD/JPY sentiment since I took my 2 profitable trades for today. Hoping for a hawkish sentiment on Powell speech & release of the minute notes

Also possible EMA/MA crossover for bullish EUR/JPY probably will monitor how it goes.

Haha change that stop loss triggered. (Hahaha whatever the hell happened was super BEARISH on USD part)

The reason I wanted to close my trade was because I was thinking that 114 being a psychological level might be a strong wall that would bump price down strongly. And it did… ngggghhhh, 113.68 :sweat_smile:

See I already profited off it 2 times earlier hitting the 114 R wall so I’m ok with it now for sure. Lost some on my profit I gained earlier but nothing to drastic :slight_smile:

That was fast. What happened?! Haha