Trading Progress

That big red candle happened and tapped me right out. :slight_smile:

I agree. Thanks for telling me to move my SL. Would’ve lost it all plus more if I didn’t. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oops sorry. I was also looking at my chart. I meant “what happened for that candle to drop that way”. Tapped me out too. :sweat_smile:

gotta think like the banks, most traders probably thought it would continue rising, but then it melted instead. Gotta get into that head space, especially with the major pairs. That vid that @Jerome32 posted talks a lot about that

And how do the banks think, i’m curious what you’re getting at :wink:

look up “Jerome’s Journal” in the search and scroll all the way down until you see the vid (Best Forex Trading Strategies,),it explains everything in the vid :grin:

Lol like I said before got 2 profitable trades previously off of the pattern & was just trying to get in one more time. (I didn’t risk much so it’s ok & whatever happened stopped out a lot of positions I’m sure)

Because that move was driven by the USD - you can see the opposite move in GBP/USD.

Here is the same chart also on 15min TF (GBP/USD)

Notice how your pair above is USD/JPY = USD/XXX
My pair below is GBP/USD = XXX/USD

So they are inversely correlated.

I’d say the move was driven by the US, specifically this?

It’s all very well speculating on patterns, but you have to keep up with the news releases too, especially high risk “hearsay” rubbish - such as a speech.

1 Like

Yeah I was aware of the speech again not too much was risked & I still end up in the green towards the end of today so that’s all I can truly ask for. It’s just another learning lesson of the trading game if anything.

1 Like

Just look at that candle a lot of us “small” traders probably got wiped out ridiculously while the cool, calm, and collected where grabbing the chips real quick.

1 Like

Yes, even the so called signal providers here have been saying to look for downward pressure on GBP/USD and EUR/USD - funny really and even more of a reason to just take your own stance.

1 Like

Exactly I rather lose my own money off my own analysis vs someones opinion.

Funny thing is the trade I was iffy about EUR/JPY going bullish end up profiting crazy had I took it.
The one I actually studied up on went against. Again it’s the market and you just have to be mindful of constant swings that it throws.

they lie big time on the news too, like on cnbc or bloomberg lol can’t be thinking like the majority

Can’t seem to find a good trade this week. I’ll try my best to find a trade without forcing it. :sweat:

I’ll check it out. :slight_smile: Thanks again @justshell!

Entered a short on USDJPY at 112.82. :sweat_smile:

H4

H1

M5

Looking at NZDCAD for this week. It looks like it has bounced off the lower trendline of the ascending channel.

Arrows are for a past long trade that I didn’t post here because it wasn’t 3 ducks. Thinking of still posting my trades that aren’t 3 Ducks. :slight_smile: