Trading Psychology: Managing Your Expectations

Hey all,

Here is a presentation on Managing Your Expectations - i’m confident that If I ask what your monthly target should be, at least half of your would get the answer dangerously wrong.

The cruel reality is if you think you can make a living of your own 10/20k account safely you are wrong (For now).

The presentation goes into why, and more importantly ways around this - hopefully this gives you an interesting perspective on managing your expectations and also a safer outlook on trading moving forward.

https://forexmentor.adobeconnect.com/p2ew8ezxhn2/

Please note: the link is purely a presentation only, the video contains absolutely no advertising or links to alternative services and ONLY the subject listed above is covered. BP - please feel free to verify this.

Nothing new there. Topic were mil times discussed on the FX forums.

Unfortunately profit baby, despite the fact that I’m not the first to discuss this area, many people still have bad expectations and still risk too much so it doesn’t hurt to get another fund managers perspective to drill it in.

there are many instances when a trader moves into forex market just because he think or has read about becoming rich in forex market, and in reality its much harder what most of the people think.

Ben, I read your replies and watched your video clips and was very glad to see that there is some good wisdom out there that you are presenting. Moreover, you also give a very matured view when it comes to trading, something that I, and I believe a lot of people, need to hear. It does take hard work and lots of hours before I can become proficient. I am not new to trading, but I do have lots to learn and it is a very humbling journey. The moment I think I know something, I get put in my place, or tested, by the market. Nonetheless, this is the path I am choosing, I am seeing lots of improvements in myself and hope that one day soon, consistency will be my friend. I also appreciate the idea of being a small fund manager, a great business idea when consistency can be proved. Cheers!!