Trading sessions

which session to trade AUDUSD,NZUSD,and is this pairs good on swing or scalping?

You need to analyze all of those pairs and look at the overall trend to see whether it’s best for scalping or swinging. It really all depends on what kind of trader you want to be. Do you want to be a day trader, or a swing trader? Or you want to do be both

Most scalpers recommend higher volume pairs with small spreads. EURUSD GBPUSD are often mentioned. When scalping, ALWAYS WATCH YOUR SPREADS. You don’t want a target that’s only half a pip more than your spread. Forex Scalping - BabyPips.com

As for which session you trade, that’s up to your style! London generally jumps a bit 90 minutes after session open, however Tokyo tends to be smoother if London and NY are too choppy.

I am not a scalper since I don’t have hours and hours to devote every day to forex, so this is all based on what I’ve been taught, not what I do.

As always, you have to discover your style or other people’s recommendations will be counter effective. If you haven’t studied yourself, back tested, and demo traded for yourself, you will always end up losing more than you get.

I forgot to answer which pairs to use for swing trading. I personally prefer swing trades, and I’ll hold a trade for 2-10 days.

Almost any pair will work since spreads aren’t as big a deal, but I recommend sticking to the majors and branching out to the minors later on.

It’s important to know what moves your currency. For example, the AUDUSD you mentioned is affected by gold other metal mining.

Both are suitable trade during the New York session, and apart from that there are both a Sydney and a Wellington session you can use.

1 Like