Trading Station II Update This Weekend: 27 August 2010

There’s a new update coming out this weekend for the FX Trading Station II. Here’s an overview of the new features:

[U][B]1. RSS News Window[/B][/U]
A window is being added to the trading platform down at the bottom for News. The DailyFX Real Time News feed is already included and you can add any additional RSS feeds. For example, I added the Marketwatch Break News Bulletings and Real Time News updates to mine. See below:

[B][U]2. Trailing Stops[/U][/B]

[B]Dynamic vs. Step:[/B] Traders will be able to choose between having a dynamic trailing stop or a step trailing stop. The dynamic trailing stop moves pip by pip whereas the step trailing stop lets you choose the minimum moves the market must make for the stop to trail.

[B]FXCM US Trailing Stop:[/B] Traders with FXCM US (LLC) will be able to add trailing stops to their net positions.

[B][U]3. Entry Order Time in Force[/U][/B]
Entry orders will have the option to be either Good Till Cancelled (by default) or Good for Day. If time in force is set to “Day”, the order will expire at 17:00 Eastern Time (New York).

I’ll post tomorrow with a list of the new charting features!

Does it have volume indictor:p

Yes! It will :slight_smile:

I was going to update this tomorrow, but will give you a sneak peek!

Man i was waiting for it. :smiley:

Next for the charting features being added this weekend:

[B][U]Signal Notification via E-Mail:[/U][/B]
Signals that you set in the Marketscope Charts will be able to alert you via e-mail, in addition to the usual sounds and message windows. You will be able to be notified via e-mail about signals, including technical indicators such as RSI levels or Moving Average crosses, Price levels, Pivot Points, as well as custom technical indicators and signals that you can program yourself or download from the Internet. I also noticed the inclusion of a order and trader alert so you can have an email sent to you when a specified order is executed.

[B][U]Chart Templates:[/U][/B]
You may have experienced the frustration of spending a lot of time setting up a chart exactly how you want it with all the technical indicators and then realize you can’t copy the indicator setup onto another chart. We have added a chart template option which you can use to save the indicator layout and then copy it onto other charts. Makes setting up charts much easier and efficient.

[B][U]Tick Volume[/U][/B]
Of course this one was mentioned in yesterday’s post :slight_smile: 301 Moved Permanently

[B][U]Technical Indicators Customization:[/U][/B]

More customization options have been added for the indicators such as the ability to increase line thickness. This has been a very popular request.

[B][U]Save Zoom Level: [/U][/B]
If you’re zoomed into a chart and change the period or currency pair, the zoom level will continue to the next chart. The zoom will also be saved when you save the layout of the chart. Previously, the zoom level would default to 300 candles when you change currency pairs or time frames.

[B][U]Empty (hollow) Bearish Candles:[/U][/B]
You have the option to make the bearish candles empty or hollow as opposed to the current setup where the candle is always filled.

Those are the major feature updates coming out this weekend. As always, if you have any suggestions for improvements to the trading platform, please feel free to let us know. We typically have 2-3 updates for the FXTSII per year and try to implement the top requests.

[B]BIG Thumbs Up![/B] One of the few reasons I always have to keep an instance of MT4 running (even though I don’t trade off it) is to send email alerts. This is a long overdue - and very much appreciated - change!

[B][U]Chart Templates:[/U][/B]
You may have experienced the frustration of spending a lot of time setting up a chart exactly how you want it with all the technical indicators and then realize you can’t copy the indicator setup onto another chart. We have added a chart template option which you can use to save the indicator layout and then copy it onto other charts. Makes setting up charts much easier and efficient.

I’ve always had to save my chart template, then painstakingly duplicate it many times over, changing the pair each time, to get a new layout set up. This is another excellent improvement.

[B][U]Tick Volume[/U][/B]
Of course this one was mentioned in yesterday’s post :slight_smile: 301 Moved Permanently

More goodness. One of the few indicators Marketscope has lacked.

[B][U]Technical Indicators Customization:[/U][/B]

More customization options have been added for the indicators such as the ability to increase line thickness. This has been a very popular request.

Another it’s-about-time/thank-you upgrade. Being stuck with the default line thickness has been one of my biggest gripes. This is going to be great!

[B][U]Save Zoom Level: [/U][/B]
If you’re zoomed into a chart and change the period or currency pair, the zoom level will continue to the next chart. The zoom will also be saved when you save the layout of the chart. Previously, the zoom level would default to 300 candles when you change currency pairs or time frames.

I’ve actually asked other veteran traders if there was a way to do this in TS. It is pretty annoying to have to get your zoom back in every time you open 10+ charts each day (or switch TFs). Now it will hold the level of zoom! Awesome.

[U][B]Good stuff![/B][/U]

Thanks for the feedback! Should make everyone’s trading lives a little bit easier…

One more thing to mention about this weekend’s update, automated trading functionality is being added to the FX Trading Station II along with a sample strategy, basic moving average cross. Below is a screenshot of how you will access the strategies:

Once you apply the strategy, it will plot the trade to the chart along with details on whether the trade was created by the strategy or manual trading.

The programming language the strategy automation and custom indicators is LUA. The included strategy is basic and meant to give you an idea of how it works if you want to create a strategy for the FXTSII.

I echo Merchantprince’s sentiments. I am new to trading and have been evaluating a number of different platforms to see which ‘fits’ best. Each seems to have some features that I like. But the one I am most comfortable with is Marketscope. Some of the features I wanted have now been included in this release, so GOOD JOB.

On another issue, now that I am fairly convinced that this will be my trading platform I would like to start learning to program some ‘features’ that I would like to use. What is the best way to learn to program lua? Where do I start? Are there any training manuals or books - preferably in the 50-100 page variety, not the 300+ page ones.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, & keep the improvements coming…

FxCodeBase

This is the site I found for programmers making custom indicators and signals for Marketscope. They’ve already provided me numerous indicators I’d wanted for this platform. I’m sure you can learn more about programming for TSII/Marketscope there.

Thanks MP. I have been there for a quick look. I will need to take some time & see what is of interest/use to me. I think I will just have to put my head down & start trying to understand the code. Then I may try scripting Tymens BB Walk Exit into MSII. Should be easy…

Thanks for the feedback, and I concur with MP. The FXCodeBase.com site is a good source for LUA code and documentation to help you with coding.