Trading Station II Upgrade: December 17, 2010

[B]FX Trading Station II Update: December 17, 2010[/B]

An FXTSII update is currently planned for December 17 (next Friday) after the trading close. FXCM traders should be receiving an email within the upcoming days regarding the new features, but I’ll give everyone on the forum a first look at what new features are being released. This post contains trading updates to the FX Trading Station II. I will highlight upgrades to Marketscope in another post later today.

[B][U]1. Pip Value and Margin Calculations in Order Window[/U][/B]
The market order and entry order windows will display the pip value and margin requirement corresponding to the amount selected. This will let you know the amount of margin you will use when the trade is opened and how much each pip is worth based on the trade size selected. In the image below, I have selected a trade size of 125k EUR/USD. The per pip tells me the pip value for this trade size will be equal to $12.50 and the Used Margin will be $937.50.

[B][U]2. Usable Margin Column Color as % of Usable Margin[/U][/B]
The Usable Margin column will change colors depending on how much margin you have remaining. This is meant to give you an idea of when you are in danger of receiving a margin call.

Green = Usable Margin > 30%
Orange = Usable Margin 10-30%
Red = Usable Margin < 10%

[B][U]3. Time In Force[/U][/B]
Fill or Kill (FOK) will be available for At Best orders, and IOC (Immediate or Cancel) and FOK will also available for Market Range orders. The time in force option can be selected by clicking on the Advanced button. These new options will help you better manage your order execution, and I will see about getting some examples written up.

[B][U]4. Filter in Symbol Subscription List[/U][/B]
The new filter field allows you to easily search for currency pairs in the symbol subscription list. For example, in the image below I have filtered the list by “aud”. This finds all of the currency pairs containing the Australian Dollar. This makes finding currency pairs much easier to add or remove rather than having to go through the entire list.

New Marketscope features will be highlighted in a separate post.

As mentioned earlier today, there is An FXTSII update is currently planned for December 17 (next Friday) after the trading close. Below are a list of the improvements being made to the Marketscope charts.

[B][U]1. Trend Lines by Angle[/U][/B]
New line option has been added whereby you can create a trend line based upon a specific angle. See in the image below, the trend line is a 45 degree angle from the horizontal line. The angle degree information will appear as you’re drawing the line.

[U][B]2. Channels[/B][/U]
Two channel options (equidistant and regression) will be added to the marketscope charts. This will help you more easily create parallel and identical lines to identify channels.

[ul]
[li]Equidistant
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Regression
[/li][/ul]

[B][U]3. Fast Open for Certain Time Interval[/U][/B]
You can now choose the interval or date range displayed for the time period selected. For example, when you select a daily candlestick chart, you can also choose whether the chart loads 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or 3 years worth of daily candles. Below is an image showing where to find it:

[B][U]4. New Indicators[/U][/B]

• Moving Averages:
SMMA(Smoothed Moving Average)
VIDYA(Chande’s Variable Index Dynamic Average)
WMA(Wilders Moving Average)
• Bill Williams:
AC(Acceleration/Deceleration)
Alligator
AO(Awesome Oscillator)
Gator Oscillator
• Volume Indicators:
AD(Accumulation/Distribution)
CHO(Chaikin Oscillator)
CMF(Chaikin Money Flow)
OBV(On Balance Volume)
• Oscillators:
CMO(Chande Momentum oscillator)
• Miscellaneous
The indicator “Show time to end” which displays the time remaining to the closing of the current candle.

[B][U]5. New Strategies and Signals[/U][/B]

• Divergence on MACD Signals
• Bill Williams Fractal-Alligator System
• Classic MACD sample
• Margin alert signal

This update is being delayed unfortunately due to a issue we ran into while doing testing and quality assurance, but it’s better to push it to another weekend than for you to have problems when the update is released.

At the moment, it’s looking like this update will go through the weekend of January 7, 2010. I will have confirmation of this the first week of January.

[B]To re-confirm, the platform update is being released this weekend (January 7, 2010). [/B]There’s no need to uninstall and reinstall the platform. When you login over the weekend, there will be a notification that there is a new update to install. The platform will go through an auto-install updating the existing FXTSII on your computer. Once that is complete, you will be able to login and use the updated platform.

A list of the features being added to the FX Trading Station II and Marketscope charts can be found in the first two posts of this thread.

-Jason