Trading System Educational Books

Can anyone recommend any books that go through some simple trading system set ups?

I’m not looking for a 1 inch thick book of trading basics with one or two strategies, I’m after a book that only has strategies.

3 Likes

Entry and Exit Confessions of a Champion Trader : 52 Ways A Professional Speculator Gets In And Out Of The Stock, Futures And Forex Markets Kevin J Davey

2 Likes

Thanks ProfesorPips, I’ve just ordered it from Amazon. A book with a name that long better be good!

2 Likes

Kevin Davey won international champions in trading :wink:

1 Like

anything by Kevin Davey is always good, and helpful (he’s also a very nice guy, and willing to help people without trying to promote himself or sell anything, at all)

1 Like

The Little Book of Currency Trading by Kathy Lien. That was a helpful one for me.
Good luck and respect.

1 Like

Thanks Chad, I’ve added this to my Amazon list of books to get

2 Likes

Trading for a living by Alexander Elder. It has everything I needed to succeed in trading.

1 Like

Thank you forextt, I’ll add that one to my Amazon wish list

1 Like

Do you think reading books makes people traders?
i think it is to spend your time on other sources.

No, reading books doesn’t make traders. Reading books makes educated traders.

2 Likes

You can read ‘’52 Ways A Professional Speculator Gets In And Out Of The Stock’’ to enhance your trading ideas but besides that you can watch a video tutorial for the sake of the enhancement of knowledge.

Thanks Rosie, I already have that book in order :slightly_smiling_face:

You want strategies only? There a zillions of strategies that have an edge yet only 5% of traders succeed. Why? Read 'Trading for a Living by Alex Elder but DO NOT skip pages 1-27 like all the losing crowd.

Thanks the_dentist

That must be a good book as someone has previously suggested it so it’s already on my Amazon wish list. Also, I’m happy my question has bought you out of forum silence, your first post in 3 years!

Many Thanks

Certainly! Few educational books on trading systems that can help you enhance your trading skills and knowledge:

1. “Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems: A Trader’s Journey from Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading” by Kevin J. Davey.
  2. “Mechanical Trading Systems: Pairing Trader Psychology with Technical Analysis” by Richard L. Weissman.
  3. “The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies” by Robert Pardo.
  4. “Trading Systems and Methods” by Perry J. Kaufman.
1 Like