Trading systems for newbies

Hi guys what do you suggest for someone to use for an hour chart.
I mean moving averages. Like the period, simple or exponential and things like that…

1 Like

I am using the EMA; but I started with SMA. I think EMA provides more accurate data based on my own requirement!

What are the period ranges you use?

To my mind, it would be better to start with trendlines since they are the main element in price pattern analysis. Actually, all price patterns comprise of one or several trendlines. In fact, trendlines are support and resistance lines that could be either horizontal or diagonal. The main advantage of trendlines is that they are applicable to almost any timeframe or instrument. They work almost the same at any market, so if you know how to use them properly, you will be able to benefit from numerous trading opportunities.
The simpliest strategy to utilize for newbie is to watch for trendline breaching. The idea is to enter the position attempting to catch the reversal of general trend. You can also you other indicators, such as moving average, to get additiona confirmation if necessary.
The issue of choosing the proper timeframe is quite contraversial. If you will start with smaller timeframes, you will get the necessary experience much faster than during swing/mid-term trading. At the same time, swing trading could be much more comfortable due to lower level of psychological pressure - in this case you will have more time to analyse information and make trading decisions.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Anderson :blush:

21 EMA is my favorite one; besides I have to use 200EMA.

Simply get the basic knowledge about Forex Market or take free course. Start Forex trading with Demo account. After using demo trading account, when you will be able to trade with correct lot size then start with real trading account. Never stop learning which is the best way to become successful trader.

Only trading tool isn’t enough here! Try to gather chart reading skill as well as news trading!

Black swan events are movements that move in extreme amounts in either direction either up or down.

Moving averages will never predict a Black swan event.

Moving averages only work a little bit in a ranging market but when the Target price is creeping upward or creeping downward the moving average will fail you miserably because the price is always creeping upward or downward.

The moving average will lullaby you into a sense of security and it will cause you to make too big of a move and you will lose because of this.

Yes, I would suggest because if you want to take a look over the market for scalping, an hour chart is okay.

I am flexible here actually but I doubt the accuracy because it’s difficult to have accurate data all the time.