Trading the 1 minute chart

So you dont sell it? I mean if you have something that works on the 1 minute chart for entry and exit and it works i think that would be a much better way for a newbie to trade in my opinion.

Awesome, so you have found success with this system by ditching the predictive model and trading the 1 minute chart?

Why would I sell it? And even though it’s possible, why would anyone choose to sit there hour after hour dealing with the hees and haws of the one minute? Not worth it to me, I have better things to do with my time.

Exactly, trading the 1 minute without SL, you see amateurs crash and burn so often, but don’t worry TTT, stick around this forum and you might learn some fascinating stuff, but do yourself a favour before you start losing big time, drop the 1 min no SL rubbish and start learning some proper stuff.

I’m amazed you haven’t picked up on this. TTT has a big 'ole website, with big flashy letters.

There’s a method here in action. He’s baiting responses, and then I think he will lower the hammer on our archaic methods, and show us all how it’s done:p

Please TTT take that in the spirit of jest it was intended to be.

Well if it makes people money and its easy to understand, which is what it sounds like, then why wouldn’t it be perfect for not only a new trader, but any trader? And yes people would do it, not every trader is maybe as good as you and something simple and effective is a great way to start.

Well you are sort of right, but I still feel obligated to find a better way for newbies to trade. And I think I can show that, even without pluggin my stuff, that trading the 1 minute chart and throwing away the predictive model is the way to go.

Purp, I made over 100 pips today off of one minute charts and no predictive model in the BPD/JPY. Why would I be so ****y as to come here and try to help newbies use the 1 minute charts if I wasnt successful. One tip for that trade today, only ripped shorts.

OK so now that things are cleared up, I still would like to talk to some other traders about trading 1 minute charts and its benefits… I just cant seem to get that topic going no matter how hard I try lol

No Sh!t Sherlock :wink:

haha, the system censored a word that wasnt a curse word… might want to adjust that :wink:

Anyway, I would really like to go over some strategies using 1 minute charts if anyone actually does that, consistently, on this forum.

No I dont trade the SMA200 min 1 chart in my real account.

I just wanted to see that if it could be done by me, now, cause it didnt work for me when I was a newbie.

My suspicions were right. It was not the system that was not profitable, it was me who was too green and did not understand how the market moves or works.

I was not that clear on how to compound. I did not understand risk to reward ratio. I did not understand waves.

So there was so much I did not know. All I knew is I wanted to make money.

And it did not work for me. So I moved to another system, than another and another.

You cannot trade profitably when you do not understand how price moves.

Ok… I’ll bite.

I am a noob, and I have been using 1 min chart in particular to guess the strength a particular trend especially when it is about stop… it seems that there is a pattern to finding out when trend is running out of steam.

What’s your idea?

This is the first time I am hearing the idea of using min 1 chart to guess strength.

Unless you are specific on what you are looking out for and how you use this idea of yours, I wont be able to tell you if its workable or not.

We can have variations or different methods of trading, but the underlying concepts will be the same.

That, is one of the rules that cannot be broken.

Well: here’s the first 14 seconds of a video of somebody trading a 1-minute chart:

Trading a 1-minute chart

Not sure if it’s profitable or not. Seems she got stopped out after 14 seconds and by the looks of things this isn’t the first time.

Regards,

Dale.

So how DO you trade the 1 min chart?

I am curious.

I know of someone else who does it and successfully so using the Hull Moving Average.

By TradingTheTurd is my guess! :slight_smile:

Is this Part 2Trading a 1-minute chart again

LOL! Started my morning out right. Thank you for that.

XIV