Trading The Higher Time Frames

Great post Sanj

What im currently watching…

Again the pink zones are HTF OTE areas… Cable has just made a push down into this first area - within this zone lies last weeks weekly high and also today’s S1 level… Both good catalysts for a bounce… We have strayed a little outside the kill zone so im hoping we will see price range in this area until the NYO kill zone, which i will look to ensure my entry criteria are ticked, and then zoom in on a 5m chart to look for an OTE to get long - something which will better suit my risk parameters…

Also, one thing i am noting, both the Cable and Fiber are falling from their 4H OTE for a short position…

Fiber

Cable

My bias remains bullish for now, but i suspect you could have a small retracement in price before a continuation long. Depending on how strong my signals to go long are today, i may be a little hesitant as i feel we could possibly reach for a lower highlighted OTE area…

Oh yes brother - about time! You know I’ll be watching! :smiley:

All for one and one for all!

OTE? anyone

Thx

Optimal Trade Entry - Inner Circle Trader - YouTube

Familiarize yourself with all of ICT concepts, they’ll help you understand my thread a little better, and i can ensure you’ll learn something new too :slight_smile:

Ok so took the bait, entered a long trade on the cable @ 1.5594 with a 24 pip stop - the trade i highlighted earlier…

You can see the black box highlighted the smaller 5m OTE within the larger HTF OTE - nested OTE!

Currently sitting on about +15 pips… Will take 50% of my position off at 30 pips, lock break even and let the rest ride - granted we get that far :stuck_out_tongue:

Will edit this post with updates

:57:

In the same trade. I like your thread SanJ, I also have been trying to focus on the HTF charts, it slows me down. I will be following and hopefully be able to contribute.

GLGT

Nice bro - I like this entry :slight_smile: I was wanting to enter at 1.5580 when it hit there earlier, but there was no divergence and it was outside the killzone. Strange that it made a low like that in no man’s land… well provided it goes up, up and away of course :wink:

Im no expert in the area myself, looking to develop just as much as everybody else… So if the thread will help me as well as others do that, then all the better :slight_smile:

Forgot to add some reasons for going on:

• Time of day
  • HTF OTE, 5m nested OTE
  • Bullish market structure and 4H market flow
  • Pivot Buy zone
  • OTE at a key HTF level (previous weeks high)
  • Stochastic was [I]approaching oversold[/I] (not as much as i normally like), but there was also stochastic divergences on lower time frames…

Found some short term resistance at a HTF weekly level i have marked at 1.5610. The 1H chart is showing a few long wicks showing some rejection from the OTE area, hoping we will see continue and push up and away from here…

The low was a few pips from today’s S1… ICT rules say price can react off a level within a 15 pip confluence… I consider it a bounce off S1 + institutional level :slight_smile:

Excellent trade Sanj

Well glad to start off my first trade of the thread with a winner… Been eyeing something like this all week so glad it came into play and has worked out…

Taken 50% off my position at 30 pips (securing 0.6%), and will let the rest ride from break even - aiming for a final TP of 1.5750 level… Will manually trail this stop once we get a significant profit level, and will also be looking for opportunities to scale into the trade with further positions…

I closed out my full position at 50 pips. I hope your trade keeps running! GLGT

Nice trade SanJ, well done!

Thanks d-pip!

Saw no opportunities fitting with my criteria to scale in another position on this trade so have just been monitoring all day. Managed to hold out through today, i always get a bit on edge when a trade starts to get near my final TP, so closed out another 50% of the remaining lot at 115 pips…

Holding the final 25% for my final TP at 1.5744… Locks in a minimum of 1.8% for the week :slight_smile:

Next trade will be scaling back up to my full 2% risk…

This setup maybe a bit of a stretch…

But this is what im stalking for a possible London Close setup for today, opportunity on the Fiber to get me back in sync with the HTF bullish trend…

Zoomed Out 5m Fiber chart

We have the 1H OTE which we are currently sitting in, or if we get further selling, a 4H OTE from Friday’s low to today’s high made…
The purple lines i have drawn within the Pink OTE boxes are mid pivots, in this case MS1 and MS2 - other support and resistance levels i watch daily…

As i said may be a bit far stretched as ideally id like to take something in the 4H OTE… Will see where price is when we enter the LC kill zone…

Was looking at a similar setup SanJ. We could also have SMT divergence if fiber breaks that July 18 low while doesn’t look like Cable is close at all. Personally, I don’t usually like to take trades during LC though

I noticed the SMT that would occur too, would have just been another factor to say its good for a long…

Im not really a big fan of the london close scalp, but if a setup like this is occurring within the kill zone, there have been times where LC setups move back in the direction of the HTF… This is what i’d be hoping for…

Price has bounced at a Daily noted level at the 1.2230, could see consolidation and then a Judas run down at LO tomorrow? Hmm, decisions decisions!

Looking to add a position to my current trade on the cable…

This is what im looking at…

Reasons:

• Time of day
  • 4H market flow bullish
  • Bullish market structure - in sync with HTF trend
  • Approaching oversold 1H stochastic plus bullish divergences
  • SMT divergence - fiber made a lower low breaking yesterday’s low, cable has failed to making it the weaker pair
  • Pivot Buy zone
  • 1H OTE yesterdays low to high - waiting on a smaller 5m bounce and OTE with possible confluence of daily MS1