Trading the RBNZ interest decision tonight

Just curious - anybody else gambling an upmove of the Kiwi right after the rate decision tonight?

What time? Like 6 hours from now? I’d be interesting to what the price action right around the release. What side are you on or do you have a plan to catch either move?

3 am GMT 3 pm New Zealand

Yea, 10 PM in US EDT

I usually keep my eye on AuD /NzD though the european.conflict had a big impact on the pair

What’s the relationship with Ukraine and audnzd getting impacted? Is that because of the China connection?

1 Like

Australia and New Zealand I believe are both rich exporter s of metals natural resources. Similar to eastern Europe but it had a more negative effect on New Zealand dollar someone on here can maybe elaborate

1 Like

The release is 4 am, GMT 2, that’s in approx.5 hrs. I just see it as a bet on rising rates, seconds before 4 am I go long the Kiwi with 20 EUR, if it works ok, if not doesn’t matter 20 EUR.If they really rise rates .75 points and not .50, we will see Kiwi rocket 50 pips up and more. If they raise like expected .50 points,it could happen that Kiwi tanks.
So it’s really just a bet.

oh cool explanation, thanks man.

Well, the party is over, unfortunately the worse scenario happened (.50 points hike, tanking Kiwi), as I let my 20 EUR position system stop out at 50% I have 10 EUR left for gambling US inflation at 14:30 and Canadian interest at 16:00 later today…:+1: